Home Home, Law & Money
Ongoing maintenance - the boards are undergoing some ongoing, intermittent maintenance. Pages might load slightly slower than usual and there may be very short periods where the boards are offline.

What's wrong with sleeping in??

sozforhappysozforhappy LondonPosts: 123 The Mix Convert
I've so had enough of my parents nagging me to wake up early even in holidays. It isn't fair, I love being lazy and sleeping in, laziness is in my blood and they won't bother to understand that! I hate that they expect me to get involved in such and such activities on spare days rather than only lazing around. I don't like hearing parents only want what's best, it's not the best if it upsets and gets on my nerves a lot. And I'm and adult, they can't tell tell me what to do and makes rules against me. I don't want to consider why they're like this, the "why" just makes their attitude carry on when I want them to stop. As much as I do want it to stop I'm too intimidated to tell them this directly in case they go oh being lazy is not how a human being works and I don't want a lazy stubborn daughter and blah blah blah, including writing a letter or email to them.

Comments

• AidanAidan Clever idiot Posts: 2,655 Boards Champion
    Hey,

Sorry you feel that your parents nag you, I hope you can find a way to get some respite soon- maybe find ways to have some alone time, or talk to them about how you feel?

I could understand why they expect you to do things or live by their rules, especially seeing as you're an adult now and still live under their roof. I know my parents love me and don't mind me living with them, but there's an expectation I pull my weight and contribute to housework and social events etc- and it's completely fair! If sleeping in on a morning is something they're not okay with right now, you could make a comprise with them and do something else in exchange for you being able to sleep in?

I'll admit I love a lie in too, but I love it more when I do it in moderation. As with most things, a good lie in is better in moderation! I appreciate it more, it feels earned or like a reward, and it doesn't disrupt my sleeping patterns. 

Do you find you have a lie in often? It can help to set an alarm and put it beyond reach from bed, already have clothes for the day out and ready, have something to look forward to that day etc.

I hope you find a way to express your feelings to your parents, and if it's difficult to do it in person then say a note or a text is a good idea!

Take care! (:
    Aidan
    "Do, or do not, there is no try" <(•.•)>