We're currently updating and consolidating our community guidelines, so you might see a few changes and things being moved to more relevant places. We're not changing how things currently work, just making sure what's written is accurate and up to date.

Let me do what I want!!!!

sozforhappysozforhappy Posts: 13 Fast Newbie
I'm really really really triple extreme sick of being expected to do things with others at home when I'd just want to slope off and do my own things and be by myself just because we're a family and they wind me up when I say so. Like when it's dinner/lunch time and I'm having a wash instead and when I tell them to quit pestering me and let me do what I want they say they'll eat all the food. Or when I decide not to go out somewhere with them cuz I hate playing happy families all the time and they say they'll all buy something special and I won't be getting it, or they got to meet with a friend of mine. And of course a stupid camping holiday suggestion in a tent which I absolutely hate the sound of. It's so unfair,  I'm an adult now, I can do whatever I please at home and if I want to be by myself and do my own things they must respect that hence not everything has to be done together simply cuz we're family, including prayer and meal times and outings. I so wish I was never part of the family at all. I hate them to bits. I'm especially tired of having younger siblings who don't want to try to understand how I feel and parents who agree with how they see the situation. I don't ever ever ever want a family of my own, that's one thing. I don't like telling my parents how I feel about this directly, they'll just respond harshly saying they have every right to boss me about no matter how old I am and I'm still living under their roof and I'll always be part of the family no matter what. Well being part of the family also means respecting my feelings of wanting to be alone hence excluding myself from family activities and do my own stuff.
kathleen0172Aidan

Comments

• ShaunieShaunie England 🏠Posts: 2,900 Mega Poster
    Hey. I agree with you. My family can be the same sometimes and it’s kinda annoying. And don’t understand that you want to be by myself. But you totally have the right to and should respect your personal space and can’t force you do take part in things you’re not interested in or rather be by yourself. 
    “If we could look into each other’s hearts and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care” Marvin J. Ashton 🌸🌸
  • Lucy307Lucy307 UKPosts: 420 Rampant Poster
    Hey, I get the frustration, I felt similarly sometimes when living with my family. Have you thought about suggesting you make some of your own meals? As it sounds like meal times are one of the frustrations. There might be a small step like that which might help by having your own space/doing your own thing.

- Lucy
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend