Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Wanting the world to be a better place

Sholay09Sholay09 Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
edited January 2019 in Politics & Debate
Hello I am feeling so angry and upset about the way the world is and with people disagreeing with me on certain things like when I only say that I want the world to be a better place and saying things in which are not very helpful like when I say that no one should be forced to do something they do not really like or do not want to do as this is so wrong because we should all be allowed to make our own choices in our own lives. I just want to be able to do something to make this world a better place even though I am not expecting the world to be completely perfect or expecting people to be completely perfect either in which I understand that but I just want more positives and no more negatives like no more war, no more curfews, no more violence, no more bullying, no more disabilities, no more being told what to do as I am sick of it now and also no more people being so unpleasant or unkind to each other. I want to be able to write to the government about my concerns and be able to stand up more for myself and tell everyone how I feel. I really want more things to be done to make this world a better place and to prevent a lot of negative things like abuse and neglect and bullying. Also I want everyone to treat 18-25 year olds more as adults and for them to have more rights and freedom of other adults too.

[moved by moderator]
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Heya Sholay :) 

I can get your frustration. I often feel upset and frustrated with humanity. I just wish everyone would grow up and be nicer. If I ruled the world it would be a much better place believe me. 

And I get wanting to do something about it, too. You might not be able to control other's minds and fix the world, but you can certainly help. Just being a good human being means there's one less jerk haha! And you can try to inspire others the best you can, by writing songs or books, all sorts of ways. You can do good things like volunteering, donating, all sorts... Be the change you wish to be, and you've created a bit of change. 

Sorry if that was no help, I sympathise with your feelings for sure. Best wishes xo 
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,497 Skive's The Limit
    I agree and not sure how people could disagree on wanting the world to be a better place. Sadly lot of things are out of our control. I wish people was kind and there was no violence or abuse. But there  are many good people out there. Being disable is also horrible but disabled people can have great lives. I’m not sure about how you can get your voice heard more and the government stuff but there are ways can make a difference. I was abused and really neglected by my parents but the NSPCC helped me so much and maybe you could try voluterring for them or something (if that’s something that would interest you) as that would definetly be making steps to making the world a better place
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley