Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Wanting to campaign for conscription to be abolished in other countries

Sholay09Sholay09 Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
Hello I have came up with an idea or plan of wanting to campaign for conscription (compulsory military service) to finally be abolished in other countries like Syria, Mexico and Switzerland because people are campaigning now for the death penalty to be abolished in other countries and because no one should be forced into the military as this is wrong and it is slavery too. Also because the military is a dangerous thing for everyone to be forced to do it against their will. I would like to campaign for it to end but I am a bit scared and worried now to start a campaign like that because I am worried that not many people will agree with the campaign in which they should do because conscription risks many lives and also I wish that people will agree with certain things like that. I really hate this world and I want this world to be better and to change too.

Comments

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Hey Sholey :)

The issue with campaigns is that not everyone will agree. We live in a world where people have different opinions, it would great if we could all agree and be in peace but we're an opinionated being.

All these petitions and campaigns lead by others all get disagreement. They just know deep down in their hearts they believe it's right and carry on :)

The issue is that Syria is because in war and needs all the people it can get so many may disagree. And as you don't live in these countries you (and others in England) may not have much of a say?  That's a barrier but you may be able to overcome it if you wish to try :) 

It's fantastic that you want to make the world better and you can if you believe so xo

If you are anxious about starting one, maybe get or find someone else to and join in?  :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld