Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Worried about a curfew being created

Sholay09Sholay09 Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
Hello I am starting to become more extremely anxious about when someone did a petition on change.org calling for a curfew to be created for all young people in this country. I do not want this to happen at all or the young people would not want this either as the curfew will not really work or solve anything at all and it will just make things even more worse like it will just criminalise young people. Also I sometimes worry that the curfew might extend to people under the age of 25 or even up to the age of 30 in the future and I think if that was to ever happen it would be even more stupid and ridiculous. Please help me as 8,203 out of 10,000 people so far has signed it and I now worry that it might actually happen! 

Comments

• *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    hey Sholay,

Sorry to hear about how your feeling,

I don't really know what to say, but I wouldn't worry too much about it until you know. I guess it's easier said than done, 

If your feeling really anxious about it, maybe a chat with you GP about how your feeling could help you, or somebody else you trust :heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • ArianaAriana Posts: 193 Trailblazer
    Hi @Sholay09 I'm really sorry to hear you're worried about this. But I really think that there is no chance of such a curfew actually coming into effect, however many signatures the petition gets. Quite honestly, our government has so much else to worry about and put its time and resources into right now that something like this wouldn't even rank on their list of things to do.

Also our voting system may be unrepresentative, but we do essentially still live in a democracy, and a curfew set on all people under a certain age would break all the fundamental standards of a democratic state. It could only ever happen in a dictatorship. And thankfully our modern constitution ensures that that (theoretically) can't ever happen. 
  • Sholay09Sholay09 Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    Thank you Ariana for being helpful as I want for young people to have more rights and freedom to choose what they want to do now and in the future and also be able and be allowed to make more of their own decisions without anything being compulsory for them as nothing should be compulsory at all and that everything should be optional or a choice as it is one of our human rights. Also no one should be told what to do or be forced to do something they don't want to do and nothing should be any pressure for anyone including young people.