Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

I literally have no friends

SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
edited November 2018 in Sex & Relationships
I dont think i am ever going to make friends again. Im a distant person because im scared people will be horrible and maybe bitchy and i get parniod. And i try to keep friends but i cant - idk why i just find simple things like replying to people makes me so stressed and just anxious mess. Just reading my messages on social media - its full of messages ive never replied since likes months ago or its people telling me that i am being rude for never replying and not trying. I lost all friends i ever had. But even then they wasnt that close friends

Im just so sad and lonely and this is never going to change and i just wanna kill myself and think lonlieness will be death of me. But it is my own fault. 

Idk why i am posting this tbh when i feel like nothing will help me make friends - i am just that lonely i am seeking replies and attention
“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley

Comments

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I'm really sorry to hear this Shaunie, but you know if people think you're rude for not replying when you are going through things then they aren't all that great.

i understand why making friends can be hard but if you want to try then i say go for it.

nobody is perfect and there will be someone out there who would be happy to, no matter how much you reply x 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hey Shaunie

Sorry to hear this... I get this too, I saved this the other day as I thought it summed it up pretty well: 

I've actually shared this with a few close friends to help them understand. It's not your fault, and people who have been through the same can easily understand once told, but at the same time people will jump to conclusions/assume until you tell them otherwise. Not to say it's right, but I think it's quite normal for people to think you are rude if you are not replying as that is the easiest conclusion to draw, without dreaming it could be for the reasons above. 

Do you think you would be able to discuss any of this with any of your friends? Start by trying to reply to one, if/when you feel comfortable to do so?

- Lucy
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend