Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

i cant sleeeepppp ugh

Mama_U660Mama_U660 Posts: 11 Settling in
So ive been on here for a while i just havent used it because i felt as though my life is getting better and stuffs blah blah. i kiiindddaaa forgot my password to the other account so i had to make a new one  :3 im kind off a goldfish. 

Okayyy so my problem is that stuffs happened in the past and i know its in the past but i keep getting these wierd flashbacks in the middle of the day like its soooo goddam random its kindoff freaking me out... like yesterday i was literally watching fresh prince of bellair and memories randomly started flooding in. Its really annoying and i cant bring it up with the family because i dont want to be a buzz kill and all. AND THERES MORE...... 
i ...... love ....... sleeping okay. With like a passion, like i love my bed   :) but im too scared to sleep now because im also having nightmares about these things and its REALLY starting to annoy me sooooo if u guys got some kind off wizard spells or potionsss to help me sleep plzzzzz send them my way. <3

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hello @Mama_U660 and welcome back to The Mix! :)

I can certainly relate to a few of the symptoms such as flashbacks, but they were related to anxiety and over-thinking. Not helping during those episodes was that the night before I'd hardly slept, yet just like you, loved my bed.

Last summer I happened upon a brilliant article called The Nightmare of Sleep by Maggie Dent.

The article was based on an extract from Maggie's book, Saving Our Adolescents and I recommend it to you because it was simply outstandig.

What I also recommend is you come away from your phone and any device such as a tablet or laptop at least an hour before bedtime because the blueish light that emanates from their screens has been clinically proven to make going to sleep very difficult.

Also, avoid snacking before sleep because food digests just when our bodies are trying to shut down. Actually, eating late at night can increase weight, sometimes being unpopular.

Some more information can also be found in this Heath & Wellbeig forum from an article I wrote called Ways to Make You Feel Better.

Let us know how how you get on, and I wish you find sweet dreams on your sweet bed.

Best wishes,
    Mandy