Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Tired of people telling me what to do

Sholay09Sholay09 Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
Hello I am 20 years old and I am really really tired of other people telling me and others what to do with their own lives when I find this very rude and wrong as the future should be more better like for all of us regardless of age to have more rights and more freedom to do what we want with our own lives without anyone trying to do stupid petitions or trying to ruin or stop us from doing what we want with our lives. I really find this so frustrating and I just don't know what to do anymore except for wanting to lash out or start shouting really loudly. 

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    Sholay09 said:
    Hello I am 20 years old and I am really really tired of other people telling me and others what to do with their own lives when I find this very rude and wrong as the future should be more better like for all of us regardless of age to have more rights and more freedom to do what we want with our own lives without anyone trying to do stupid petitions or trying to ruin or stop us from doing what we want with our lives. I really find this so frustrating and I just don't know what to do anymore except for wanting to lash out or start shouting really loudly. 
    You should say, "I'll ask for advice when I want it, so please excuse me if I'm ignoring you right now."

- That way you have asserted yourself, but spoken it politely and firmly.

Learn to say NO. Not just no verbally, but do just want you want to do. Not in a rude, immature way, but be assertive, like I suggested. People, you see, will always have something to yap about, but it's up to you to take it or leave it.

Another tip is by saying "Thank You", and then getting back to what you are doing, you let the person know that you have heard them, but you are not going to entertain their input. Eventually, even the thickest will catch on, and back off.

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,496 Skive's The Limit

Sometimes i get fed up of people telling me what to do aswell. Guess is about wanting indepenance and control. 

I agree. We should be able to do what we want with our lives and future to some extent

And maybe focusing on the things in your life you can control and have indepenance with right now, or find ways you can take control and indepenance - may help? 

Take care 

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley