Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Donald Trump: Like or Hate?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
Someone asked what did my Mallorcan friends feel about Trump, so I decided to make a debate post. Might be interesting to read what you think about the American President. Since all of my acquaintencies hate the man and say nothing good about him, there is no point speaking up for them, for I deplore profanity laced with small talk.

Now while I know nothing about American politics which is why I don't engage in its debate, I have felt that whilst Donald Trump's Twitter dungposting is often highly inflammatory, one must remember Chairman Mao here - "Despise the enemy strategically, but take him seriously tactically."

My opinion is that Donald Trump is not the buffoon he presents as - he is shrewd, and has played a clever game getting this far. I don't support him, but he has been challenging the established order. Trump is dangerous, but he is changing the balance of power. For that reason, I think he may be good, or at least useful, but we will see. He took power from the CIA, at the very least trying to though I don't know if the man got very far. Trump also wished, I note, to remove the tax exempt status of the Church of Scientology, (unless I am incorrect), and protect US industry rather than outsourcing to the developing world. Whilst the mass media show him as a bigot and fool, this is because he is against their interests and the newspaper moguls don't like him one bit.

About ten years ago before Trump became President, my industrialst aunt Fiona had dealings with him when she was doing business with EPOS: Electronic Point of Sale cash machines, only quite what she was up to in America I never knew. However, over breakfast she told me of running into him a few times and remarked that he came across as a genuinely interested, well-mannered, business man.

Trump asked my aunt how things were going in her business offices on Staten Island, if there was anything he could do or improve and offered help even though she didn't ask him any favours. She saw that much of Trump's success could easily be attributed to his people skills, but nonetheless she treated him with caution, because she said he's the Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde of business and politics, therefore be very wary of crossing him. Wise, aunt Fiona took early retirement to be with her family and raise a bunch of adoptees including me, glad to be gone from business except for keeping her hand in on a business she continues running, aviation cargo and private jet charter. Fiona continues to fascinate me with her business stories, so I thought of sharing that little snippet with you guys, just to read your reaction on the American President.

Comments

• SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    He's a dangerous moron elected on wave of populism. 
    A great source of amusement until your realise how powerful he is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wFKKxcFxwY
    Weekender Offender 
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    Hate Donald Trump
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    I wonder how Donald Trump will wiggle out of this latest situation?

• SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Lets not fuck about. He's a cunt of the highest order.
    Weekender Offender