Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Webchat counselling is open!

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
Hey everyone,

Webchat counselling has re-opened! It tends to close very quickly so make sure to sign up today or within the next few days if you're interested :) 

Here's a bit of information about webchat counselling 
If you're aged 10-18, our counsellors can support you and offer a safe space where you can talk through how you're feeling, find ways to cope and improve your well-being. Webchat counselling could help with issues such as: 
  • A bereavement (death) or relationship breakdown 
  • Self-harm 
  • Stress / anxiety 
  • Exploring issues like your sexual identity / gender identity 
  • Dealing with issues that are stopping you achieving your ambitions 
  • Dealing with feelings of depression or sadness 
  • Understanding yourself and your problems better 
  • Feeling more confident 

If you're interested in having web-chat counselling, you can sign up by completing a form over on our website. Once you've completed the form, a counsellor will be assigned to you within 2 weeks. If you have any questions, comment below or send us a private message. 

- Aife

We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Comments

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Can I still use this if I’m on the waiting list for CAMHS ?? 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Hey @Millie2787 that's a great question. It’s recommended to only have one counsellor because having two or more can be confusing, but if you’re on a waiting list that's okay. Your counsellor will continue to support you until your first session starts with CAMHS :)

Let us know if you have any other questions at all. 

- Aife
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    Is anyone else having issues filling it the form? Ive tried it twice now and it still won't work. 
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
    Hey @Abigail

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the form. Do you get the same problem when you use another web browser? I'll let our counselling team know, hopefully they can get the form fixed :) 

- Aife

The Mix said:
    Hey @Abigail

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the form. Do you get the same problem when you use another web browser? I'll let our counselling team know, hopefully they can get the form fixed :) 

- Aife
    There has never been an issue with it. It was updated yesterday although I have tried it on both the new and old version. 
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.

So its worked on a college computer but wouldn't work at home. I don't get technology!!!

Hey @Abigail oh that's so strange! I don't get technology either! 

I've let the counselling team know anyway as there might be something that's not quite working with the form. If anyone else has any problems completing the form let us know. We can see if there's an alternative way you can sign up. :) 

- Aife