Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Goodnight users 🌟

LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
Some of you may be all tucked in ready for a nights sleep, some may be getting prepared for the long night ahead. 

But most importantly whoever may be reading this right now sleepless elite or sleepy elite, I hope you're doing okay and your day has been well.
If it hasn't fear not there's always tomorrow which can bring brighter days 💕

If you feel like rambling go ahead!  I'm up tonight and ready to listen :)

Here's some tips if you need help getting to sleep. 

Here's some tips if you need help getting to sleep
- Get yourself a nice cuppa, if tea isn't your fix then some lovely warm milk(i like mine with cinnamon)

- listen to something relaxing,  experiment with whatever works for you, 
Soothing music,  try ASMR,  soothing videos like running water ect. 

- meditate

- write down your worries or thoughts so they're ready for tomorrow, no need to think about this now 💕

-turn off all technology take a break from your phone and take time to unwind(however do note I do not recommend this if you are having anxious or intrusive thoughts, or physical symptoms of anxiety distraction and meditation is best)

Here's a quote of the night to take in 

Sweet dreams and I'm here if you need someone to talk to 💕

(on a side note I really want to make a thread similar every night where I offer a good after chat ramble (most importantly on the weekends with no chat)  and give sleeping tips quotes and a chance to talk about our morning plans and get the off our chest.)

I would love to make a thread every night to try and support people it will definitely be earlier than this I just got real busy bad night haha however I will ask Mike and Aifes insight firsthand because I really don't want to spam this forum section every night 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    This is nice of you!

i have hard time getting to sleep, probably gunna be worse tonight as I don’t have any sleeping pills and I’m anxious that I start group therapy tomorrow   😐 

hope you’re okay <3
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    Lovely post, @Laine
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Shaunie said:
    This is nice of you!

i have hard time getting to sleep, probably gunna be worse tonight as I don’t have any sleeping pills and I’m anxious that I start group therapy tomorrow   😐 

hope you’re okay <3
    Hey Shaunie group therapy is one of those things that can significantly help but may be hard to adjust to. 

This article may help: https://caps.unc.edu/services/group-therapy/tips-getting-most-out-group-therapy

I found group difficult for I loved listening to others and trying to help and buildup on it but I didn't like sharing,  I've never been good at it really, I found it started to be really helpful after a few sessions so definitely give it 1 -3 to get a feel for it and remember any difficulties or problems you may have you can discuss with one of the staff. 

You're in my thoughts :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

Floxy said:
    Lovely post, @Laine
    Thanks Floxy :) 
    I've just realised I never actually tagged them so I'll do that now 😂

@The Mix

Is it okay if I make a similar thread every night? I don't want to spam the anything goes as I know other forums i've used has had a rule limit so thought it was best to check and get a heads up

Much love! 🌠

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    edited August 2018
    Laine said:

I've just realised I never actually tagged them so I'll do that now 😂

@The Mix

Is it okay if I make a similar thread every night? I don't want to spam the anything goes as I know other forums i've used has had a rule limit so thought it was best to check and get a heads up

Much love! 🌠

I'd second others and say this is a lovely thread idea, @Laine. Always nice to get some positivity and words of encouragement before going to sleep.
    Daily posts can be a bit much for some communities, so it's good of you to check. Looking at Anything Goes, a few threads are either created or responded to every day, which should balance out a daily thread enough for it not to become 'spammy'. Feel free to go ahead.
    Mike :)
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • fadedangelfadedangel Posts: 263 The Mix Regular
    @Laine such a lovely post idea, i wish I had come across this earlier as last night was tough. You really are such a lovely caring person Laine and it’s great having you here. I really like the fact we are going to get this every night, I think it will benefit so many including me x

I hope your okay  <3
    « I have been through hell but the best is yet to come « 
    Thanks Mike! 
    I just wanted to check in, I'll give the threads a try and monitor how it goes,  if it's overwhelming then it can take a break or just be on the weekends 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

Thoughtsy said:
    @Laine such a lovely post idea, i wish I had come across this earlier as last night was tough. You really are such a lovely caring person Laine and it’s great having you here. I really like the fact we are going to get this every night, I think it will benefit so many including me x

I hope your okay  <3
    I'm doing okay thanks things at home have much improved since I put my foot down and got things sorted x

Tonight's thread won't be so much a "goodnight" thread as I aim to post it around 20:00 when chat would normally start and later down the line as a post I will add a good night at about 22:00 for those going to bed and filled with positivity for those who aren't.

I'm gonna give it a try and see how it goes and don't how it's received obviously I may have to stop if disputes break out but we will see <3

🌈Positive thoughts🌈