Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Confused on my mental health!

Im currently 23, I've suffered with depression/anxiety and have had 3 lots of CBT. I've been on 3 different medications at different Mg but currently not on anything.

I feel like I'm crazy sometimes and I just want to know if anyone could help shed some light on the best way to go, so I've made some points of my life;

- My mood is ridiculous, I can feel elated and on a hyped up bender, Then I could be so angry that I feel like I explode at the littlest of things, Then I could be severely depressed, or I feel unattached and literally don't care about anything

- I used to be the tightest person with money and never want to spend anything and now it's literally I need to spend the money cause it's in the bank. I worked out after bills (I still live with parents) I am left with around 800 for myself and by the end of the month I have about 20 and I honestly don't know what I spend it on

- I become fixated, I currently am with makeup, it's like I need to keep buying it even if I can't afford it. Or reading I could read 7 books in one week 

- My anxiety is mad, I can't go to the shops, pay for things or walk around or make phone calls by myself then other times I feel the best way to describe it is like I can do anything

- Sleeping is ridiculous, I sometimes sleep all the time then I have like 2/3 hours sleep a night

- I drink alcohol and I know it’s the worse thing but then when I’m tipsy it’s like I’m out of control and will hurt myself

- I either need to wash all the time or I go days without doing so

- My concentration can be really bad,I get bored easily of conversations and people. I zone out, sometimes watch tv and won’t remember anything about it

I have more things but thought these are some of the points. Im new and not really sure how this stuff works but ant advice or Opinions on what is going on with me is much appreciated! 

Thanks x

Comments

• Options
    EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    Hey, Welcome to the Mix :) 

Seems like these mood changes are making you very stressed, which overall probably isn't helping. How long were you on each of the 3 medications? They can take a long time to start working.

Perhaps next time you see a GP you can show them the list you have made here. That way they can read all your symptoms and you won't have to worry about accidentally leaving out information that could help you :) 

You could ask them about things like AAD and bipolar for more information, as those two are often mistaken for other mental health issues and can be very tricky to diagnose. 

Probably best to avoid alcohol if it makes you worse. You could remove it from your house or try to go 7 days without any then 7 more and so on. When you get to the end of the month you can get yourself a reward.

With money, try making a list whenever you spend some. Write down how much and where,you could even keep the receipt so you can look and see where your money is going. Or take out cash at the start of each week and only spend that amount. Although this can take a lot of ristraint it could be worth trying. 

Did the medication help in anyway? If so you could ask to try it again.

I hope you are able to get through this and that others here can help :) 

"Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,500 Skive's The Limit
    edited August 2018
    Hi 

This sounds like a lot to deal with. Sorry to hear. 
    Its hard for others to give opinions on what’s going on as literally can be many things. Though understand it’s confusing   And frustating. Did CBT or the meds help in any way?  I think best to go to gp and lay out all your concerns. & we’re here to support you too 
    All the best
    Post edited by Siena on
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley