Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Emma

One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 599 Incredible Poster
(Ps I absolutely fine so don’t worry)

I’m interested to see what you guys think.
so the town where I live sometimes have people from different organisations stopping you in the street asking for donations or what supplyer you are with ect.  99% of the time if you say “Not intrested thank you.” They leave you alone. 

However There was a organisation selling wristbands for anti bullying. I have brought one in the past but a few weeks ago I just hadn’t got the money. So I was stopped and asked “would you like to buy a wristband for anti bullying.” To which I replied “I’m sorry but I haven’t got any money on me.”
he was standing in front of me and said 
“could you go the bank and draw some out?” 
To which I said “No sorry.” Again he said “please just get £5 we have got change.”

I walked off in the end but isn’t it ironic that it’s an anti bullying campaign and yet they wouldn’t leave me alone even when I said “No” isn’t that a form of harassment? 
It’s the only organisation I know who do it and they do it quite a lot (asking people to go the bank and get some money.)
To be honest the wristbands cost a couple of £ they would probably do better if they had a donation bucket for loose change too.
just interested to see what others think 🤔 

Comments

• Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Yeh that's really not good!! Especially when you've been polite and actually acknowledged them when a lot of people pretend to be on the phone or look away. Asking you to draw money out from the bank omg. Can't believe any charity would do that and you're right it's worse that it's a charity who are meant to be promoting being kind and NOT harassing people... I mean it must work if they keep doing it? But surely not ethical?
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • Options
    One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 599 Incredible Poster
    edited August 2018
    Thats what I thought. I just don’t see how it should/would  work for them. It kind of takes away the meaning behind what the organisation is about.
    It’s like a sugar awareness group giving out cans of Pepsi. Ok maybe that example was a little extreme ha ha ha  :)

Ps I don’t know why my title has changed to my name ha ha ha it was something like “could this be classed as bullying/harassment.”

nice to hear someone elses
    opinion :)

• Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    They're always doing in the town center where my sister lives I've become a sort of expert avoider now,  sometimes if I have money I tell them they can take 2-3 pound or get nothing because it's all I've got(if the bank account thing comes into play I tell them the only 20 quid in there is for my food for a week or if I've got none I give the sob story to why I haven't and it usually depresses them 😂)

Other times if you're in a hurry just keep walking,  they have a sort of area like a cat and they'll follow you until that said zone ends and just stare at you sadly because they can't walk any further 😂

I love donating to charities but a few have been scams I can't confirm so I don't.

Irony of an anti bullying charity bullying you into paying ha 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    If they don't get the polite message first time around, serve them up a big FUCK OFF!
    Weekender Offender