Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Essay Worries

EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
edited March 27 in Work & Study
So my corse lasts until September because I got onto the track where the Uni let me do two years in one. Ive done the first two sections and Im happy with my grade's. During the practical I managed to get the highest grade Ive ever hot and was very pleased, but now its time for the essay stage. 

To write the essay I need feedback about my practical work, but Im just too nervous to ask anyone. And although my friends and family have good things to say I really need some detailed feedback in order to write a good essay. I don't think I can post my work here as it could count as self-promotion, but what do you think I could do to get feedback. People don't often leave comments on my work and when they do they are compliments, which I love but are not all that useful for my essay. 

I worried I won't be able to write the last part without feedback and its really slowing down my progress :scream: 

Any ideas would be very much appreciated. :)
"Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Hi. 
    Im sorry no one has replied. Tbh i dont really know, just bumping your thread so someone else will reply. This Was lil while ago so wondering if question still applys and if anything has changed or youve gotten feed back?

Can you make up the feedback up yourself and then just say it was a friend? In school and college i used to do that sort ahh but maybe not.   Im not sure sorry. 

All the best with it though!
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster

I have some feedback but not really from the target audiance for my project. But I was told I could make a quiz or enter everyone who gave feedback onto a raffle online. I'm trying but my deadline is very close so it's hard to get it all gathered in time. It's a little frustrating but if you want to help I can DM you a link, as that wont be against the rules here because it's a private message. But please don't mention that the work I send you and my profile here are the same person. 

Is it okay to DM you it? I understand if you don't want to that's fine. Just so you know there is no way for me to know who has looked at it from my computer 
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Hey, would love to try to help! if i can. So feel free to private message me:)
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey @NicholasBailey just to say while it's great to be trying to help out other users this is a pretty old thread and I don't think it's very relevant any more so I'm gonna go ahead and close it. I know it's been mentioned to you before but just try to keep an eye on how old a thread is before posting a reply. :)

- Riley
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
This discussion has been closed.