Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Ines and I have amicably parted

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
Last night, Sophie sat me down and explained I was not well enough to go ahead with my civil partnership wedding with Ines, the friend of my family known for many years. Sophie asked me to talk to my two aunts who are responsible for me. I listened to their reasoning and agreed. How insightful Soph is, for she doesn't speak out unless necessary. To my surprise, Ines agreed with my aunts, cooly handed me a cheque for a large amount which was half thecost of a Land Rover SUV we bought last week and hardly saying goodbye, off she drove to Eurotunnel.

In the space of 5 hours she had her name expunged off my country house deeds, and my lawyer in Mallorca faxed me legal documents regarding my two properties on the island of which Ines put signatures to. I was informed once she arrives, she will cross off her name to the properties.

OK, fair enough. I suppose her being such a good friend to my family, Ines wanted no drama. We hugged and made our goodbyes. She's driving through France down into Spain to extend her holiday before taking the ferry to Mallorca.

I feel a mix of numbness and relief. I don't think any of you will blame me, for Sophie was dead right. I'm not well enough to go ahead with the wedding and don't feel up to it. I did wonder.  :)

To Sophie's credit, she remained with me throughout my stay in hospital. She got my aunts to drop in clothes etc and the hospital was good in letting her stay, eeping me company through what was a terrible ordeal in my being so ill. Now, feeling much better I am pursuing my oil paintings while Sophie is enjoying her jewellery making. This morning our family rallied round to support me, kids and all.

I have plenty of time. No need to rush in finding a partner anyway. At all my homes whether the UK, France or Mallorca I have all I need. It's good being single and unattached. Today a sensible decision was made.

Comments

• Options
    One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 599 Incredible Poster
    Hi Floxy hope you’re ok. Your are right there is plenty of tome to settel down woth a partner and it’s better to just let it come naturally. Your reaction is normal to feel the numbness has probably come from letting go of someone so close to you but the relief of knowing that you can relax about not feeling 100% of having the wedding. Do you still keep in contact at all?

hope you’re ok

EmmaXx
  • Options
    Do you still keep in contact at all?

On a professional basis, yes, because I own a small private hotel in Mallorca in which Ines, a former hotelier, has financial interest. Otherwise, we remain good friends for sake of family.

I'm ok, just finished a nice lunch with Sophie. Going to rest soon.

Thank you for your support which I value. :)

• Options
    EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    Hope you are feeling okay, its very heathy that you can remain friends. Perhaps when you are better you can contact Ines and see about meeting up again. :)

Putting your heath and wellbeing above commitments can be difficult, but its great you have  friends and family supporting you through this :)
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Hope you're doing okay Floxy very sorry to hear this,

Remember we're all here :)

It's great you're still friends x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Eyepatch said:
    Hope you are feeling okay, its very heathy that you can remain friends. Perhaps when you are better you can contact Ines and see about meeting up again. :)

Putting your heath and wellbeing above commitments can be difficult, but its great you have  friends and family supporting you through this :)
    Thank you @Eyepatch for writing, encouraging me to keep friends with Ines. But it's up to her whether she will want to reciprocate. Everything is probably still raw with her, I'd imagine.

I'm leaving things to cool for a while until she eventually arrives in Mallorca. Then we can discuss our business arrangement with my Aunt Fiona present. She has been in business for over 30 years and I will take her advice. Ines might want to finish and go her own way. Who knows?

In my heart I will want to keep in contact. But as said, it's up to her really. My family are open to seeing her again and will be welcoming. They've known her for nine years. That's a good time to get to know and trust someone. I wish Ines happiness. Those were my parting words.
  • Options
    Laine said:
    Hope you're doing okay Floxy very sorry to hear this,

Remember we're all here :)

It's great you're still friends x
    Aww, I nearly missed this!

Thank you for your kind words, @Laine ...yes, if Ines wants to keep in contact, too. Then fine.

It's lovely my having supportive friends here, and I'm grateful for your friendly encouragement and Aiden's, too. :)
  • Options
    Got a nice update to share.

It was quite a surprise this morning when Ines phoned from Spain. Throughout the call she sounded sincere. Mainly she apologised for not being as caring and supportive when I was sick in hospital and post-care when coming home, said it was Sophie who had stayed by me throughout my ordeal. I agreed. Ines never seemed demonstrative throughout our relationship, but I appreciated her calling to admit her faults and being genuinely sorry we had to split up.

To my relief, Ines said I'd made totally the right decision to cease our relationship. But she asked if I was happy still being her business partner. Of course, I said, for she is a very experienced hotelier with a degree in accountancy and that she is welcome to remain. Said i it were not for her, I would never have had the opportunity in starting a bed & breakfast business, earning good money and being able to employ people who badly needed jobs to support their families.

Ines asked to speak to Aunt Fiona. I was glad they talked because she wanted to keep in contact with my favourite aunt. When Aunty handed the phone back, she beamed and gave me the thumbs up. Ahh, my mood definitely lifted! =)

Having talked, it felt as if a weight came off me. I look forward to the time when as friends we can work together again in what has now become our small private hotel with a chance to enlarge over winter and already we're taking bookings for next year. I feel much happier.

• Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I'm so glad you're feeling happy today  Floxy! and that you can both still move on as business partners :)

When a relationship ends sour it can be really hard and it's not fun so it's great you're both able to put this behind you. 

I wish you both the absolute best <3 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    Aww thank you so much for your lovely words, @Laine =)

Ines and I have amicably moved on. This morning she wrote a lovely email to each of my family and even Sophie received a sweet letter thanking her.

The support from everyone on my thread has been tremendous. You all have made me feel more able to cope and find a new direction. I appreciate all that was shared.

<3

Mandy