Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Animal in need of help

EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
My friends Cat needs surgery and they are having trouble raising the money to pay for it, does anyone have any ideas? She is selling amazing art she has made as well as having a gofundme page. She really loves this cat as it has been with the family for years and now needs its eye to be removed :( 
Any ideas? 

I know this isn't as important as problems others are having, but I really love animals so wanted to help as much as I can 
"Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 

Comments

• Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Aside from a gofund me we did many things to find our dogs surgery, 

Coffee mornings(coffe tea and cake and people donate) ,  we did lunch where all the old people could get a meal and chat to others and just paid us what they could or wanted to (they were so generous it still warms my heart to this day,  I have so much love for the elderly)

Depends on the pets health you cna have sort of meet and greats, our dog was always great to just pet and lie on for hours we also made a lot of money for letting kids pet her specifically ones with mental disorders and conditions and adults too! 

Lastly we put up posters over town with the gofund me link on a cute little picture and and we used to walk around with her too. 

There's many more ways so sorry if this isn't helpful,  take a look around online :)

Best wishes for the kitty's health ❤

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    Very helpful thank you :) I'll look into making posters and see if her cat is stable enough for people to meet :)
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hi @Eyepatch , the People's Dispensary for Sick Animals that is based in the UK could take care of your cat on only a donatory basis, which means lot less vet's fees. To find out more, please contact them on this link:  https://www.pdsa.org.uk/contact-us

Find your local PDSA is here:  https://www.pdsa.org.uk/near-me

I hope this could be helpful to you. :)

Best wishes,
    Mandy

• Options
    Thank you! I'll send her the website link now, I didn't know about the PDSA so this is very useful information :heart:

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    Eyepatch said:
    Thank you! I'll send her the website link now, I didn't know about the PDSA so this is very useful information :heart:

Do let us know if you're successful. :)
  • Options
    :) They managed to pay the first bit so the cat will have the operation done, but they have to pay £100 a week for I think 4 weeks and that will be quite difficult for them. They are currently looking at things they can sell and jobs to do in order to get the money together in time.

I asked and they did look into PDSA but had unfortunately had a bad experience with them in the past and so wanted to stick with the vets this time.

I will keep you posted :) Thank you for all the ideas so far, she has been replying to my messages with pictures of the cat and is very very happy that so many people are trying to help :)