Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

unrequited love

noushka7noushka7 Posts: 1 Just got here
suffering intense heart break for over a month now. appetite and sleep vastly reduced, immunity also low. uncontrollable crying fits every day and no amount of taking the standard advice (distract, exercise, friends
 etc) takes my mind of this guy.
we met online, dated for 6 months and then he had a major family thing happen prompting him too take stock of life and he finally decided he wasn't into me. I love him and told him so (he did this over text! I got him to phone with a proper explanation) and afterwards I felt pining and also anger. I lashed out online saying he used me and I do feel that a bit, even if eh didn't realise he was and he was horrified but has acted cold and pragmatic.

how do I stop loving him?

Comments

• Options
    EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    Its great you came here to express how you are feeling, the fact you recognise that your emotions are hurting you, and preventing you from doing what you want, is the first step to finding a solution. 

Try to take care of yourself, your body is important and if you manage to get enough food and sleep it will help you improve your mood.

Relationships are complex, they take time and effort and even with those things sometimes they just fall apart. We can't always understand why but we can try to recognise that there was some reason it didn't work. This wasn't your fault and it wasn't his, love is so complicated and undefinable that we don't know why it works or why it doesn't. Not knowing can cause a lot of unwanted stress, try to spend time with friends or doing things you enjoy. Take a day to do something nice for yourself, weather it be shopping, playing games or reading. Anything that will make you happy so that you can  focus on whats best for you right now, rather than feeling stressed about things that might or might not have happened. 

Let us know how you are getting on, :) 
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy."