Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Sick and tired of the world we live in

Sholay09Sholay09 Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
Hello my name is Shola, I am 20 years of age, I suffer from autism and mental health issues and I am really sick and angry with the kind of world that we are living in at the moment because of people telling me and others what to do about how we should and should not live our lives, people saying things about others being lazy and doing what they want to do when are not even doing anything wrong at all. I feel like campaigning and telling a lot more people and the government about how I actually feel about things like that and letting all my feelings out too. I really wish that people and the government would just stop telling me and others what to do with mine and other people's lives as I find it quite wrong, rude and also disrespectful because we should be able to live our lives how we want no matter how old we are and in a world where life is much more easier, certain things should always stay as they are and when people would not be saying negative things about people being lazy sometimes and doing what they want like having fun when they are teenagers or adults like I am an adult now. I just really want things to change like for people to stop telling me what to do especially when I am now over the age of 18 and old enough to do what I want really and for more positives to happen in this world and no more negatives like when things change for the worse in which certain things should not change at all. I also wish that I was in another country right now where I would be seen more as an adult and be treated as one and also with respect.

Comments

• Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hey @Sholay09

I'm sorry to hear that you are frustrated with things at the moment, everything you are speaking about is understandable. You mentioned you would like to campaign and tell the government about how you are feeling - do you have plans to do this? It sounds like you are really passionate about changing things and so it may help to set something like this up to get your thoughts across. Have you thought about contacting your local MP? 

- Lucy
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • Sholay09Sholay09 Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    Well I have recently contacted my local MP Lucy about wanting some more nightclubs that have an age limit of 21 or 25 to be lowered to 18 but not many other things yet as he is extremely busy
  • PuffinEthicsPuffinEthics Posts: 74 Budding Regular
    Hi @sholay

It's great to hear your passions about your own and other young people's freedom, its really positive to hear that you care. It's something that some people can take for granted. 

Also, great that you acted and contacted your MP, not that many young people do things like that so hopefully they will address your concerns. You should be proud of being proactive. 

You said you wish you were in another country, where you were treated with more respect. Whats making you feel like you aren't getting the respect you deserve? 
    I'd also say that with passion and care for each other we can change the country that we live in. What do you think about that? 

Thanks for sharing, 
    - Puffin Ethics