Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Anyone tried Promethazine?

SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
edited June 2018 in Health & Wellbeing
Heya
sorry to post another thread. Hope is okay?

But has anyone tried Promethazine as a sedative or to help with insomina and sleep? Know meds work for different people but would appericate if anyone could share experience with it. 

Many thanks
“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
Post edited by Siena on

Comments

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Heey :) I'm on it for anxiety but it does help with my sleeping aswell i think, its hard to tell as im on sleeping tablets too, but i know many people who are on it for sleep and its worked wonders with them :) no side effects either! what else do you want to know about it?  <3
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Heya bubbles

thank you!
    Does it help your anxiety? Does it have effect soon after taking it or take while?

ive mostly been prescribe it to help suicidal feelings/thoughts durning the day and then help stop self harming at night. I Said i only want medication for when i get v suicidal urges and dont want to take meds everyday. And she agreed at start. But Then towards end - she said i would take it twice a day. 
    Do you take it everyday or just when youre anxious?

thank you v much

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    edited June 2018
    Heya if anyone knows how prescriptions work and reads this and can help. Id be grateful. :)

But like just realise because im getting prescriptions weekly so i dont overdose. Id be paying £8.80 every week that is like £36 every month instead of one perscription every month of £8.80. Extra £28 a month for the exact same thing.

you pay the stand eight pounds no matter what the prescriptions are or pills are. I think? Does anyone know?
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Hey Shaunie! :)

Yes you pay the standard £8 for any prescription unless it's of course birth control , I pay £8 each for both my ventolin(asthma inhaler) and my omeprazole(stomach medicine)

I have not found any info on paying for it weekly and feel that paying full price weekly instead of monthly is a little unfair, 
    Have you brought this up with a pharmacist? It does seem rather unreasonable...

Definitely a topic to bring up with a pharmacist or doctor next time you see them.

Have you had a look whether you're entitled to reduced cost or free prescriptions? Or have you considered paying for the 3 month subscription? It should surely equal out cheaper

Here's the nhs page for subscription info and entitlement ect: https://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcosts/Pages/Prescriptioncosts.aspx

As for the medication prescribed, my sister was on that for her post natal depression and got along with it just fine,  however everyone's experiences are different.

Best wishes x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    edited June 2018
    Thank you @Laine

going to my doctors reception again when i can be bothered to get out of bed to see if the prescription has been faxed over to my GP. And if faxed can asked the pharmasist on how much would pay considering its everyweek. 

Im thinking id payed more
    Which Rather shitty if im going to be paying that much. 

ive been reading the reviews on this medication and they say it knocks them out for ages -  Yet they have prescribed me more. For some people are saying really makes them sleep alot. Im underweight & any pill has twice the affected so like i don’t know i mean i want to be asleep but i dont want to be more tired for when im awake. 
    Post edited by TheMix on
    edited June 2018
    Okay well my gp still dont have the email and whatnot from thingy even tho they said they sent it out. They told me to write down the same thing i wrote last time. Ffs going no where. Why so hard just to get medication
    jist fucking kil me if really wanna help