Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Have your parents ever embarrassed you through social media?

GretaGreta Deactivated Posts: 29 Boards Initiate
edited June 2018 in Sex & Relationships

It's no surprise that parents can be cringeworthy at times. Parents are embarrassing their children more than ever through the use of social media, with research showing that more than one in four teens have experienced this online. Posting unflattering photos, cringey comments, or friending their school friends on Facebook are just some of the ways that parents might embarrass their children online.

Have your parents ever embarrassed you through the use of social media, or in any other ways? Share some of your stories here!

Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hey @Greta, great post, I think most of us have experience of this!! There's a long standing joke with my family and friends that literally within seconds of posting anything on Facebook, my partner's mum will 'Like' it first. Don't know how she's on Facebook so much as she's got a full time job  =)=) must not be very busy haha
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • GretaGreta Deactivated Posts: 29 Boards Initiate
    @Lucy307 That's so funny I have an aunt who does the same thing with all my posts on Facebook! I don't know how they do it haha. My dad used to post the most embarassing pictures of me and then they'd show up on my timeline :persevere: Luckily now he knows to untag me before posting!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    Thankfully not. I used a different name on my social media so as to confuse a nosy aunt. It worked. =)
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    I remember my dad commenting on one of my posts. It was mostly cringeworthy because its nothing he would say to my face cause dont even say much to him let alone anything postive & it was so fake it was cringy and embarrassing & embarassing for him aswell
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    My da has definitely had a few times,

I remember when I changed my facebook cover photo to "where's my cookies!?" and he started talking about cookies to my brother in law and started saying stuff like "damn straight momma" 

Honestly though it doesn't affect me in that way as its all good fun and I get a heck of a laugh out of it 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • RayofhopeRayofhope Posts: 152 Helping Hand
    I think this is quite common, I have definitely experienced this a few times before. 
    Life doesn’t require we be the best, only that we try our best
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.