Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Post of the month - December

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
Hey everyone,

It's time to vote for December's post of the month. :yippe:

Here are the nominations:

1. @One-in-a-million's thread 'What would your advent calendar have?'
Just a bit of fun here if you could create an advent calendar what would you put in it and why.

For me you would still get chocolate 😆😆
But inside each door is a task for the day. Something that includes you helping/talking to others, doing something festive and spreading Christmas cheer
For example

1. Tell your parents/carers you love them
2. Say hello when passing an OAP (that might be the only thing someone says to them all week)
3. Watch a Christmas movie
4. Help someone in need e.g put some spare change in a charity box, buy a warm drink for the homeless person who sits on the corner, dothe washing up ha ha ha😂
5 make hot chocolate
6. Visit your grandparents (if you don’t already) They will more than likely love to see you.
7. Sing a Christmas song with a friend
8. Dress up in something Christmasy when you do your shopping.

You get the idea 😂😉 my reason for this is to get people in the mood and understand what Christmas actually means.

What would yours have and why.

2. @Rachel 's post in 'Let myself down massively'
Hi Butterfly23

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through a rough time at the moment but never be ashamed for self-harming, it's nothing to feel ashamed about and you're not alone in feeling that this is the only way you can deal with what you're feeling.

I completely understand if you don't feel as though you have anyone around you right now such as family or friends to talk to but if there is ever the chance of you having a friend to open up to about this then I would definitely recommend this as I once felt as though this was impossible to do and would only make things worse, but I've never been closer with a friend than I was after telling him and he has been unbelievably supportive since, without coddling me or completely changing how he treated me.

If you don't then please don't feel as though you have to deal with this alone. You are really brave for reaching out on here and I'm always happy to talk, or just listen, if you ever want to message me. I would definitely recommend thinking about talking to a doctor or perhaps if you're in school then a counsellor or other staff member? It's definitely not easy and my school's guidance team were nothing special so I reached out to a teacher I trusted who again, really surprised me and has been really supportive.

I definitely think that reaching out to your GP would be beneficial though as they can refer you to get help with how you are feeling and hopefully find a better outlet for your emotions. You are definitely entitled to the opportunity to feel better and I hope that the coming months are easier for you! Always here if you need me!

Rachel xx

3. @BubblesGoesBoo 's post in 'Struggling a bit, not sure what to do'
Hey

it's really good you're seeking out help, do you have any input from camhs at all? If it does get worse I would definitely go back to the gp. Have you looked up cbt apps? I just had a look and theres quite a lot that might help you while you're waiting. I tend to use the what's up app and there's lots of coping techniques on there that might help. It might be helpful to ask about a diagnosis so you can start to understand it and why you feel the way you do

4. @Azziman's post in 'Struggling a bit, not sure what to do'
I wonder if you've ever told any family or friends about what you're going through. You may have said so before, so I may have missed that! Reason I say that is because it's quite common for people to be afraid of the prospect of telling a stranger about all their issues. But these people are well-trusted professionals, and they're here to help! It'll be really hard the first time, but things will get easier

And I wouldn't worry about the "10 min" slot. I don't think I've ever had an appointment that only lasted 10 minutes. Take as much time as you need - there are other GPs who can see the other people!x

Much love <3

Make sure to vote on December's post of the month winner and keep an eye out for posts to nominate this month!

All the best,

- Aife & the Community Team
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Post of the month - December 4 votes

One-in-a-million
75% 3 votes
Rachel
25% 1 vote
BubblesGoesBoo
0% 0 votes
Azziman
0% 0 votes