Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Post of the month - October

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
Hey everyone!

It's time to vote for your October post of the month! I just wanted to say a big thank you to you all for being so welcoming and supportive to everyone on the boards. Keep up the great work!

See below last month's nominations:

[USER][/USER]'s post in the thread 'Chats tomorrow (Sunday 29/10/2017)'
Jess101 wrote:
You will be fine, i will be in there and everyone is very lovely and welcoming :)

@independent_'s post in the thread 'Struggling'
Hey bubbles,

I'm sorry to hear you're struggling again at the moment. I can't really offer you any real adivce, but I noticed in your post that you said you had got through this in previous years.

I just wanted to say this - you've done it before, you can do it again. I believe in you, you've got through this before. That shows me that you're a very very strong person.

Please continue to be as strong as you can - I know you can do it!

Also, you're not alone - we're all here to listen to you so well done for posting.

Take care,

-Eleanor

@Esme17 's post in the thread 'Ride it out or sort it out'
Esme17 wrote:
Hey. Hope you are doing okay?

I completely understand what you mean about feeling low mainly at night. like you said, It is probably because you have nothing else you need to be doing then and so have more time to think. Is there anything you could do that makes you feel slightly happier during this time (watch a film, read etc..)?

Do you know what is making you feel this way? I know you mentioned losing your nan which must have been really hard for you and I’m very sorry to hear that!

I’m not too sure what would be best for you to do in the situation but i would say it would be best to speak to someone like your gp because they could tell you for sure if it does need looking into more and even if it didn’t, it would put your mind at rest a bit? I know how hard it can be seeing someone though so just make sure you do what feels right for you.

Remember you can also always come to the board to get support and to chats as well.

Let us know how things go? I’m sorry if this didn’t help at all, I think I rambled a bit but I tried... :)

Esme x

You can vote on the post of the month winner below. Also make sure to keep a look out for any posts to nominate throughout November for next month's post of the month. You can nominate a post by clicking 'report' and putting POTM as the reason.

Good luck everyone!

- Aife
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Post of the month - October 10 votes

Jess101
10% 1 vote
independent_
40% 4 votes
Esme17
50% 5 votes