Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The time of the month would you help?

One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 599 Incredible Poster
So I was just watching a pretty funny video on Facebook. Basically there were 3 girls one said "oh no I got my period anyone got a tampon?" A group of people next to them complained and then it burst into song (I got that flow😂)

Anyway it got me thinking, to me and my friends it's just nature and we talk about it like it's nothing.
But it was around this time last year I was doing my exams. I was in a rush so I just chucked my stationary in my bag, grabbed my phone and key and went. I actually got college half an hour early but auntie flow decided to pay a visit and I had no pads with me. As I was on my own that day I couldn't ask my friend (one class different)
I did the only thing I could and asked a few of the girls around. Many of them looked at me when I said "excuse me" but then blanked me after I explained I needed a pad. Others gave me a funny look and said "no" in a way that made it seem that It was an awkward thing to ask. I spent a good 15 minutes asking around and getting the same response. I was now getting myself upset. I had 15 minutes before my exam. I was making a mess of myself despite a large wax of tissue. I was already emotional because I'd come on (we all know emotions run high at that time lol) and I felt embarrassed. Finally a tutor saw I was distressed and asked if I was ok. I explained to her what my problem was and she managed to go to the staff room and get me something that I was able to use.

So I was just wondering how other people would react to someone asking for a pad/tampon. I for one would be cool with it after all us girls need to stick together

There is sort of 2 questions really

Question 1 is it ok to talk about?

No it's gross should be kept to yourself Or
It's totally natural and nothing to be ashamed off

Question 2 would you help someone out if they asked for a sanitary item?

Yes I would give someone a pad/tampon if they asked or
No I wouldn't give someone a pad/tampon if they asked

Just a bit of fun and interest really

The time of the month would you help? 19 votes

No it's gross should be kept to yourself
0%
It's totally natural and nothing to be ashamed off
52%
UnknownOne-in-a-millionUnknownindependent_JellyelephantUnknownSienaPast UserLaineUnknown 10 votes
Yes I would give someone a pad/tampon if they asked
47%
UnknownOne-in-a-millionUnknownindependent_JellyelephantUnknownSienaLaineUnknown 9 votes
No I wouldn't give someone a pad/tampon if they asked
0%