Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Welcome back, Aife!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
We miissed you, but did you have a good holiday? :rainbow::rainbow2:

Best wishes,

Mandy :wave:

Comments

• Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    Hey @Floxy!

Aw that's so sweet! I did have a lovely holiday thank you! Hope you enjoyed the sunny weather back here in the UK :)

- Aife

Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    Aife wrote: »
    Hey @Floxy!

Aw that's so sweet! I did have a lovely holiday thank you! Hope you enjoyed the sunny weather back here in the UK :)

- Aife

Aww thanks @Aife we had a lovely time in th UK, but since moved out to Mallorca where we're staying for rest of the summer.

Go anywhere hot?
  • Options
    The weather must be really nice in Mallorca at the moment. Sounds like a lovely place to spend the rest of summer. :)

I went to New York! It was quite hot actually which was really nice :)
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    It's drizzling in Can Picafort right now.

WOW you went to New York - that is awesome!!! Awesome noisy,too and those crazy yellow taxis! :eek2: But I've super fond memories of New York. It was where I bought my 1956 Selmer mark VI alto sax and paid an awful lot of money for it. That was equivalent to about £11,000

What did you love about New York the most? (Apart from its mega sized beefburgers haha):yeees:
  • Options
    Oh no rain isn't good! Hopefully you get some nice sunny weather soon!

Yeah New York is really cool. My favourite thing was probably Brooklyn Bridge and exploring Brooklyn :)

That's cool you bought your car from there! What's your favourite thing about New York?
  • Options
    I love the buzz of New York. It's like Chicago in the season of Mardi Gras - have you ever been? Full of interesting friendly people, but New Yorkers have such pizzazz! American hospitality is amazing, too. Plenty of food, free coffee topups and waitresses are genuinely happy for their tips. I had the biggest burger of my life there! It must have stood at least 30cm.

Driving my Citroen around Mallorca is such fun! Its roof rolls back like a lid on a sardine can. Its gear lever resembles a walking stick and its windows fold upwards. Or downwards. Riding over speed bumps is such a laugh, you wouldn't know they exist. Sophie stands up on the back seat doing Mr Bean gestures, naughty girl I love her! :d

I busked in part of New York City's Subway and got over $100. People loved my sax. I felt really good. It was a trip of a lifetime. I want to go back.

Did you see any shows?
  • Options
    That sounds so fun in Mallorca.

I didn't manage to see any shows unfortunately but will have to go back again one day and make sure to see something!

• Options
    Nevermind, Aife. Perhaps you could return for a Christmas there, though New York snow storms are not the greatest experience.

Anyway, it's lovely seeing you back on the boards and having had a great experience out there. :)