Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Too scared to call back the doctors reception

Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
Well basically this is pretty embarassing and it was one of those what i call anxiety mistakes. I called up the doctors earlier to try and book an appointment with my doctor to find that he is on leave soon to the 23rd March but i asked for a face to face appointment instead of a phone appointment because yeah the anxiety thing so i left it and said i can wait but i can't wait so i need to call back and ask for a telephone appointment but anyway....instead of saying bye to the receptionist, i said see ya mate and i put the phone down thinking, JACOB WTF and burst out laughing. Now im too scared to call back to ask for a phone appointment. :lol::) and heres a random penguin because its cold :>
''You were in the wilderness
Looking for your own purpose
Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)

Comments

• Invisible_meInvisible_me Posts: 138 The Mix Convert
    Jacob101 wrote: »
    Well basically this is pretty embarassing and it was one of those what i call anxiety mistakes. I called up the doctors earlier to try and book an appointment with my doctor to find that he is on leave soon to the 23rd March but i asked for a face to face appointment instead of a phone appointment because yeah the anxiety thing so i left it and said i can wait but i can't wait so i need to call back and ask for a telephone appointment but anyway....instead of saying bye to the receptionist, i said see ya mate and i put the phone down thinking, JACOB WTF and burst out laughing. Now im too scared to call back to ask for a phone appointment. :lol::) and heres a random penguin because its cold :>

It would be good for you to call back!- That is a while! Saying that, I'm too scared myself. Can he still phone call apt if his on leave? Maybe, you could see someone else? It's not too bad- Maybe you could call up when it's a different receptionist. at mine there's like 3 receptionists in the morning, and then when the re-open in the afternoon it's another one.

It is cold!! :angel:
  • TheAprilFoolTheAprilFool Posts: 187 Helping Hand
    I get scared when it comes to phoning people a lot too. Sometimes I just have to give myself a specific time to call them and just go for it.