Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Depression

Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Options
    PositiveAuraPositiveAura Posts: 150 Helping Hand
    Hi Meggles :wave:

​I am sorry that you are feeling this way today, but I want to say that you should always post on here! Even if it's just to write out your feelings and get it out of your head to clear your thoughts.

​Is there a reason that you may be feeling this way in particular today?

​When we feel like this, it's so hard to get out of the feeling of doing nothing. And as hard as it is, doing something can get the ball rolling. I've spoken a lot before about doing something like colouring or drawing to try and get our expressions out. Or even reading or watching something funny to lift our mood. For me, lying down and stretching to clear my mind or even walking around the house really helps.

​And you are not​ worthless. You are not pathetic. You're just here trying to get through the day, and hey, it's almost over. May some sleep will help? Tomorrow is a new day, and it will be better. *hug*

​Remember, if you are in serious need don't hesitate to call
    Samaritans (116 123) to talk to someone tonight Meggles.

-PositiveAura:rainbow2:
  • Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hi @Meggles

How are you feeling today, did you end up going to uni and placement? Hope you're OK *hug*

- Lucy
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    RayofhopeRayofhope Posts: 152 Helping Hand
    Hi Meggles,

You mentioned that they have increased your medication dosage, how are you feeling about this now?

How has this week been?

Rayofhope:rainbow:
    Life doesn’t require we be the best, only that we try our best
  • Options
    Hi Meggles :wave:

​I hope the doctors went ok - I see that your dosage has been increased, so I hope this helps. It's good to know that your doctor has responded and I hope they have given you some support.

​It's always good to think about the things mentioned above though, so when you do have bad days, you have something to do and fall back on. Eg - going for a walk/art etc. to express the emotions that you are feeling (even when we don't know what that is!)

​You mentioned everything else around you suffering, but try not to put pressure on yourself to have everything else around you perfect - it never is! And what is most important is that you look after yourself before anything else, that all comes next. All we can do is try our best, but you have to put your wellbeing first. :)

​-PositiveAura:rainbow2:
  • Options
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,032 Boards Guru
    Hey @Meggles

I just wanted to check in and ask how you're feeling? Hope everything is okay :)

All the best,

- Aife
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,032 Boards Guru
    Hey Meggles,

I'm really sorry to hear that you're struggling at the moment. It can be really tough when we feel like we're getting shut down. In your first post, you mentioned that your depression is at its worst, how have things been since you went to see your GP?

All the best,

- Aife
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey Meggles.

It's great to hear you were having a better day yesterday, here's hoping it's a good sign for the future! Is there anything you'd like to talk about at the moment? We're always here if you need someone to talk to. :)

- Riley
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
  • Options
    Hi Meggles,

I am sorry to here that you have a lot of stuff going on at the moment. We are all here if you ever want to chat about anything. Sleep is a great thing so I hope you can get some sleep soon.

Rayofhope:rainbow2:
  • Options
    Hey @Meggles

​Hope you've managed to catch up with some sleep this week. It's good to hear that you had a better day the other day. I hope this week has been filled with more of these. Sleep can be hard when we have so much going on and lots on the mind. Do you have anything that you find really relaxing? I've mentioned to you before I am a huge herbal tea head! Must have about 3 of these throughout the evening before going to bed. I always find that if I am on technology this can keep me up forever! I remember reading that this can keep our brain active for at least an hour after looking at screens. Putting this down really helps me, if this ever happens to you.

​There are actually a few tips on here: http://www.themix.org.uk/your-body/sleeping/how-much-sleep-do-i-need-6542.html

Any news on the counselling yet? Fingers crossed for you! It will come soon enough and then hopefully this will be something that really helps.

Sending you over lots of positive vibes...:rainbow::rainbow2::rainbow::rainbow2::rainbow::rainbow2::rainbow::rainbow2:

-PositiveAura
  • Options
  • Options
    Hey @Meggles

​I know what you mean, time can pass us by so quick! And wow, that is really, really great to hear! Sounds like you are really working hard and it seems like it has given you something to focus on. :)*hug*

​I can imagine it's a bit strange! But you deserve these good feelings so try and enjoy it. You are obviously working so hard so be proud of yourself! Maybe thinking about why you are feeling better and what you've done differently can help you with keeping this feeling in future!

​Just remember you deserve to feel this way and you're working hard on it! Don't put too much pressure on yourself. How are you finding managing with these emotions?

​-PositiveAura
  • Options
  • Options
    That does sound useful. That's good that you're able to learn all about emotions whilst everyone else is too. Would love to hear some tips!

I'm still sending you positive vibes to keep 'em going! :rainbow::rainbow2:

​-PositiveAura
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    NikkiNikki Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    Hey @Meggles,

So sorry to hear you are struggling at the moment. Is there anything you would like to talk about? Please do not lose hope - you're doing so well with your placement, and reaching out to us with your thoughts. We are here to support you through this.

If you ever feel overwhelmed and need to talk to anyone urgently, at anytime, you can reach out to Samaritans on their free phone number 116 123.

Let us know how you are getting on.

Big hugs,
    Nikki
  • Options
  • Options
    Hi Meggles,

How are you at the moment? I am so sorry to here that your struggling at the moment, well done for reaching out on the boards.

Here for you.
    Rayofhope:rainbow2:
  • Options
    thehighlanderthehighlander Posts: 8 Confirmed not a robot
    Afternoon Meggles, How are you today? Hope you're feeling a bit better :)

Really sorry to hear your struggling at the moment. Have you checked in with you GP as he could perhaps link you to support with a group or perhaps a CPN.
    Remember our chats are open from 8pm-9.30pm Sunday-Thursday and you can find the chat here: http://www.themix.org.uk/get-support/group-chat

The other thing you could do if you want and when you need us is to give our support team a call on 0808 808 4994.

Please do remember we are here for you anytime.

Have a great weekend :)
    Chris
  • Options
  • Options
    Va life coachVa life coach Posts: 3 Newbie
    Hi Meggies,

I am a life coach and I am really saddened from what I hear from you.

I believe you need to start thinking about yourself a bit more, your health comes first and a little selfishness will not hurt you right now.
    Find the strength to react and take care of yourself.

Did you doctor suggest you sports or anything that get you active?

I know it is not easy but only you have the power to start the recovery

I hope to hear from you soon

Vin
  • Options
    Hey Meggles,

​Wish I had seen your posts sooner - I hope you are doing better today.

​Everyone here is giving you some good ideas to help your mental health, has any of these helped?

​Try to remember how you were when you posted your positive post about how good that week was and why you were feeling that way. Doing those same things could help you get positive again.
    It sounded like you learnt a lot at your placement, "r
    ecognising facial expressions, understanding the wide range of emotions, emotions bingo" etc! Try and reflect on all of those things and what you learnt about. Because you did so well and you should be proud of yourself for having a good week. I know it might be different today, but perhaps focusing on those positive things will lift you up!

-PositiveAura:rainbow2:
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Meggles wrote: »
    I'm doing pure shit to be honest.

Hey, I know how that feels. My personal experience of dealing with depression isn't one I'd recommend, and I'm not 100% sorted with it (got medicated, made me worse, I stopped it, NHS said I was in the "moderate to severe" category and said they'll only give the counseling to "mild to moderate" cases so I did it myself). Just letting you know, it can and will improve. I try to depersonalise my thoughts and view them from a third person perspective, analyse them and sort through them. Don't know if this could help you at all? Wishing you well though, and sending my regards. It's never as bad as it feels inside.