We’d love to ask you a few questions about your preferences when it comes to services and your experience with them. This will help us when it comes to shaping what our support looks like in the future. Please take our short survey for your chance to win a £50 Amazon voucher.


Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,329 The Mix Honorary Guru
So my dad's girlfriend keeps overdosing and when she has a temper she's quite violent. I have a little brother that's aged 11. We are both affected as well as my dad. Where should I go to seek help?


  • AifeAife Posts: 1,446 Moderator
    Hey @Burrellieee welcome to the boards, it's great to have you here. I'm really sorry to hear about what's going on at home. This sounds like a really difficult and overwhelming situation to be in. You're incredibly brave for opening up about what's going on and looking for more information and support.

    There's some amazing support services out there that can help you so you're not alone. I've listed a few below:

    Childline - help anyone under 19 in the UK with any issue they’re going through. Whether it’s something big or small, their trained counsellors are there to support you. Childline is free, confidential and available any time, day or night. You can talk to them by calling 0800 1111, by email or through their 1-2-1 counsellor chat.

    SupportLine - have a helpline that you can call on 01708 765200 for confidential emotional support about anything.

    If you ever feel like you, your brother or another person are in immediate danger, call 999.

    You mentioned that you and you're brother are affected by what's going on with your dad's girlfriend and he is too. Have you spoken to your dad or anyone else about what's going on?

    - Aife
Sign In or Register to comment.