Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Losing someone.

AbigailAbigail Posts: 818 Part of The Mix Family
Hi
​I don't expect you to respond to thins but if you want to, thank you in advance.

​Recently some of you might of noticed I haven't been to well, talking to mods and using the services as its meant to be used. I think I have I bit of explaining to do.
​4 years ago today one of my teachers sons lost his life in a road traffic accident, I have known his day for a good few years and over summer my NCS group raced money for his charity and It really hit home today how many people in life have come and gone within the past 16 years of my life.
​One Wednesday this week (25th October) Marks the beginning of a new family for me and my family and the Thursday marks the day my world was turn upside down.

​3 years ago I lost my brother (another carer like myself) He left home and this left me with a lot of pressure on me, I stayed the rock of the family and I still am but this rock is cracking and I am not sure how long I have left till I fully crack. People think I am strong but really I am a normal person with a lot of worries that have never been said before.
Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.

Comments

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    Hi Abi,

It's absolutely ok to get the support you need from here, we're all here to listen to you and would never judge you. Yeah so well done for posting this here!

I don't have any real advice for you but I'm sending you *hugs* x
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Hi Abi,

It's absolutely ok to get the support you need from here, we're all here to listen to you and would never judge you. Yeah so well done for posting this here!

I don't have any real advice for you but I'm sending you *hugs* x

​Thank you.
    I will just try and get through this week and if I do something stupid then hey I know what it will be because of. Sorry
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    Hey Abi,

I'm really sorry to hear what you've been going through. I just wanted to say how brave you are for sharing everything with us. I can't imagine how it must feel to loose your brother. One of my favourite quotes that I wanted to share with you is "it's okay to not be okay". Like Independent said, it's absolutely okay to get the support you need from here. We're all here to support you through everything anytime you need someone to talk to :).

You mentioned that you're not sure how long it will be until you feel you might crack. How are you coping at the moment?

All the best,

- Aife
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    Hi Aife,

​Nice to have you back. losing my brother was so hard but some day's I think it was but other days like today I need him around to do stuff I really can't do at this moment in time.
    ​How am I coping ... I would say by just helping others but I know what will come next.

Speak soon

Abi
  • Options
    Abigail wrote: »

​Thank you.
    I will just try and get through this week and if I do something stupid then hey I know what it will be because of. Sorry

Hi Abi,

No need to be sorry - you have nothing to apologise for at all! I'm sure you will get through this week, you're a strong person and by continuing to help others that is very clear.

Do take some time out for yourself if you need to. Will hopefully be in chat tonight if you want to chat then too :)
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options

Hi Abi,

No need to be sorry - you have nothing to apologise for at all! I'm sure you will get through this week, you're a strong person and by continuing to help others that is very clear.

Do take some time out for yourself if you need to. Will hopefully be in chat tonight if you want to chat then too :)

Hi Eleanor

I have told myself i am will help out tonight but if i am not needed or just don't feel great i probably will end up going tonight.

Hope your doing well.
  • Options
    Abigail wrote: »

Hi Eleanor

I have told myself i am will help out tonight but if i am not needed or just don't feel great i probably will end up going tonight.

Hope your doing well.

Take care of yourself tonight!
  • Options
    Never thought i would say this. The past few days have been hard but easier than what i expected them to be. I did cry a bit yesterday but not nearly as much as i thought i would. Thank you @independent_[/USER] and [USER="95712"]Aife. I am still away but i know that even though physically the next few days will be had i know mentally i can be happy that i got through these past few days.
    You can look forward knowing that the yesterday has gone and your made it through. -Yes i think i have just made a new quote up there.

Stay true to yourself.

Abi
  • Options
    Awww Abi im so glad to hear that😊😊😊