Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Losing everything

Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi Meggles

I'm sorry to hear that things are tough for you right now. Have you thought of talking to mental health charity's such as mind? To see if they could offer some offline support in your area.

As with your thoughts and feelings, it can be difficult to regulate them sometimes to keep your feelings to a level that you can manage the rest of your life. I would suggest that you try to practice self care more as no one else can do this for you. And be really really proactive in asking for support offline if you feel like people aren't listening.

You have a lot to offer the world, so it's worth you keeping on fighting and taking care of yourself.

Turtle
    .sorry
  • vidhyavidhya Deactivated Posts: 75 Budding Regular
    Hey Meggles!

I’m sorry to hear you feel abandoned and isolated! Being in uni is a stressful time altogether and it’s so easy to feel alone when you’re away at school. There’s a saying in America about being “a little fish in a big pond,” because there are so many people at school so it’s easy to feel left out!

Have you tried talking to a counsellor at school? I know you said it feels like your support systems get stripped away from you, maybe you can try contacting a counsellor to set up regular visits (monthly, weekly, etc) to build a support relationship. Sometimes talking to a school counsellor (rather than an out-of-school counsellor) is really helpful because they understand the everyday struggles of the student, like dealing with schoolwork, friends, social activities, etc.

The Mix has a great article on loneliness, and it talks all about coping ideas and signposts to Mind, which offers advice and support to people with mental health problems. Their helpline runs nine to six from Monday to Friday and you can call them at 0300 123 3393.

Overall, you’re feelings are justified and you’re allowed to feel however you want (even if people tell you otherwise!)

I hope this helped!

Vidhya @The Mix

• Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    hi meggles,

I can understand that its hard to feeling let down.
    Have you thought about starting with self care to help yourself out, if its hard to get support but that is something that you can work on without too much input from other people. hopefully that will help you feel less abandoned as it will just be something you can do for yourself.

all the best

• vidhyavidhya Deactivated Posts: 75 Budding Regular
    Hey Meggles!

That sounds frustrating that the counsellor didn't respond:( It's great that you're using the discussion boards to talk everything out, because bottling your feelings up can be a very isolating experience. You're very strong to speak out, it takes a lot to realize when you need to turn to somebody!

Have you tried calling a helpline? Most helplines offer one to one support, and it might be helpful to explain your situation to someone to talk things through. Mind has a great helpline that offers information/advice/support if you're feeling lonely and anxious. You can call them 9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday (except for bank holidays) at 0300 123 3393.

Alternatively, I think @turtle09 gave a great point about self-care! Sometimes when I'm anxious, I'll go for a run or walk and it helps me clear my head, so I'm not thinking about a million things all at the same time. Do you have any things you already do when you're feeling anxious/nervous. Some people find it helpful to just take a step away from whatever they are doing and do something they like (for example, watching some television, taking a long bath, etc.)

I hope this helped!

Vidhya @The Mix

• DreaDrea Posts: 292 The Mix Regular
    Hey Meggles,

really sorry to hear you're feeling this way... Have you tried doing something you now you enjoy? Like maybe watch a movie, hang out with someone, even attend some exercise classes or partake in a society or a sport? Sometimes these things can help! You always have us regardless :) I agree with what vidhya said, it may be good to contact some places that you could to talk to just to assist you with how you're feeling from people who have more expertise!

Have a great day :d

Drea:heart:
  • RayofhopeRayofhope Posts: 152 Helping Hand
    Hi Meggles,

Sounds like your finding things hard at the moment. Sometimes even when we don't want to get out of bed we can actually feel better after we have. Have you felt this way at all?

How are you feeling at the moment?

Rayofhope:rainbow:
    Life doesn’t require we be the best, only that we try our best