Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Help

Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
I am really really struggling, someone talk to me or a mod please PM me.
''You were in the wilderness
Looking for your own purpose
Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)

Comments

• Options
    RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Hi there Jess.

I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling at the moment but I'm here to help if I can. Is there anything specific you want to talk about?

- Riley
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    I just feel like im a nuisance, no one cares about me and even my own counsellor is not taking my suicidal thoughts seriously, its horrible!

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Options
    That sounds really awful Jess I'm sorry to hear that. Suicidal thoughts of any kind are a very serious matter and your counsellor should know that. Is there someone you can talk to about your counsellor so you'll be taken more seriously or maybe see someone else? There are also a lot of great online services you can turn to if you want to talk to someone different about how you're feeling. I'd be happy to link you to some if you want.

- Riley
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Riley wrote: »
    That sounds really awful Jess I'm sorry to hear that. Suicidal thoughts of any kind are a very serious matter and your counsellor should know that. Is there someone you can talk to about your counsellor so you'll be taken more seriously or maybe see someone else? There are also a lot of great online services you can turn to if you want to talk to someone different about how you're feeling. I'd be happy to link you to some if you want.

- Riley

I have been seeing my counsellor for just over a year now and we have a good working relationship but just this small thing, i am going to bring it up in my next session which is on 4th October. I know of imalive, The Mix 1-1 webchat, samaritans, papyrus....good luck with listing other services :(

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Options
    Wow that sounds like a real shame that you're having such difficulty with someone you usually get along with, I hope you have good luck talking about it next week. The Mix webchat and The Samaritans are definitely both great resources, you might also consider talking to the SANE helpline http://www.sane.org.uk/what_we_do/support/helpline/ as they focus on mental health specifically. No matter what there's always someone you can talk to when you're feeling low like this, even just here on the boards.

- Riley
  • Options
    Thank you @Riley

- James Arthur (YOU)