Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Health Anxiety

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, so recently I have been having extreme health anxiety that every little thing health related is causing extreme anxiety to the point where I can't sleep because my mind is going 100 miles an hour. Any advice on what I can do?

Comments

• independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Hi there,

Sorry no advice but I used to be very like this when I was younger. I relate so much.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • SunshineSoulSunshineSoul Posts: 57 Boards Initiate
    Hi @Cookieshan :wave:

​Thanks for sharing your concerns with us here on the boards. I can certainly relate to your feelings of anxiety around health as I have been in your position before. I think it's quite easy to be worried about health when there's a constant theme in the media about disease and the do's and don't regarding health and it can all feel very overwhelming sometimes!

​What in particular is making you anxious? First thing I'd suggest never to do is 'self diagnose' on Google. This can really get your mind going and jumping to all sorts of conclusions, if there is something you're worried about, or you don't feel right then see your doctor and have some tests run at least then this will give you peace of mind.

​What do you currently do to keep yourself healthy? Do you take part in sports, gym activity and follow a healthy diet? If you take care of yourself this will in turn make your body feel good and in turn your mind to feel good. I feel that when I've been lazy and not looking after myself properly I tend to worry more about my health and then this leads to me becoming anxious.

​I know you posted a few days ago but how are you feeling recently?

- Sunny :rainbow: