Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

My dad might have cancer

starfish_17starfish_17 Posts: 226 Trailblazer
Today has been such a hard day. My dad went to the doctors a few weeks ago for something and had to go to the hospital for scans they phoned up today and he had to go to the GP surgery again and they basically said that its not what they thought it was and that it is most likely a cancer of some kind. I really dont know what to do! Just as i was getting over one problem this goes and happens and now i feel useless and have no one to talk to about things.

Comments

• Options
    starfish_17starfish_17 Posts: 226 Trailblazer
    Aidan wrote: »
    I'm so sorry to hear this :(

Just know that we are always here to listen and chat and understand. Cancer has been in my family too so I might kinda understand, the feeling of helplessness hurts, so accepting you cant stop the cancer helps.

It doesnt mean theres nothing you can do- in my auntie's final days I made sure to travel all the way over to the west coast to see her and spend some final quality time and say goodbye. I never got to see my uncle in his final days, which I wish I had. But it's good to know he was well cared for and in no pain.

It hasn't got to that stage for you yet, so hang on to that hope :)
    I hope it isnt serious and it all goes well, best wishes

Thanks Aidan. I'm sorry to hear about your aunt and uncle. We should know for certain what it is in a few weeks so I just need to get through these then hopefully it will get easier once we know for certain.