Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

It's hard.

knowing that my main coping mechanism is no longer helping. Hearing what the social worker said really stuck to me,it's been months but I've always functioned semi denial because it prevented me from becoming too affiliated with my diagnosis, it's hard because I don't want to go back and I'm going back. I'm not going to be rendered sick or helpless.I want to be okay and I've been okay before.

12 days clean and despite having other ideas I've not acted on them.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Salix alba wrote: »
    knowing that my main coping mechanism is no longer helping. Hearing what the social worker said really stuck to me,it's been months but I've always functioned semi denial because it prevented me from becoming too affiliated with my diagnosis, it's hard because I don't want to go back and I'm going back. I'm not going to be rendered sick or helpless.I want to be okay and I've been okay before.

12 days clean and despite having other ideas I've not acted on them.

That's amazing!! Well done x
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    @Butterfly23 Thank youuuu!
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    Hey Salix, I just wanted to echo what Butterfly said. That's great. Well done! You can do this, I know you can!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,305 Part of The Furniture
    Huge props, Salix! That's amazing. :) Loving your determination.

Someone sent me this recently and it feels appropriate to share with you:

giphy.gif
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.