Home› Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Hate myself so much 😔

Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
I don't even know what to say anymore. I hate myself so much and everyday I seem to find something new to dislike. Iv finally realised though that I'm not worth it and that I am a failure. The funny thing is Iv known that for ages Iv just been too stupid to accept it. I'm so fed up rn and my head is filled with bad stuff people have said to me over the years. BUT it was all true so its fine :(:(

Comments

• James_James_ Posts: 21 Boards Initiate
    Hey, it’s really upsetting for me that you think that you’re a failure, I certainly remember times when I’ve felt like that but just know that you’re not. You shouldn’t let what horrible people may have said to you put you down, I know the feeling and it’s horrible. You’ve got to get past people’s thoughts and live for yourself and the people you love, life is beautiful and there’s so much joy to be had in it.
    I’m here to talk at any time if you want to and we can discuss our problems and help us work through them if you want :) .
    I really hope that you’ll focus on all the positives in your life as dwelling on the negatives just makes everything worse, hope you feel better soon.
    James
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    James_ wrote: »
    Hey, it’s really upsetting for me that you think that you’re a failure, I certainly remember times when I’ve felt like that but just know that you’re not. You shouldn’t let what horrible people may have said to you put you down, I know the feeling and it’s horrible. You’ve got to get past people’s thoughts and live for yourself and the people you love, life is beautiful and there’s so much joy to be had in it.
    I’m here to talk at any time if you want to and we can discuss our problems and help us work through them if you want :) .
    I really hope that you’ll focus on all the positives in your life as dwelling on the negatives just makes everything worse, hope you feel better soon.
    James

:yes:

It can be so hard to shake off those thoughts that other people put into our heads. I don't know what's been said to you, but when people hurl nasty things our way it's often more to do with them than us. Just to add to what James said, is there anyone in your life that you have a good relationship with? Someone who doesn't say all those bad things about you?

It can be quite nice to think about the good things others see in us when we're bogged down by the bad stuff. Whether that's our family, friends, teachers, colleagues, etc. There are almost always people out there who see the good in us, and those things are often a truer reflection of ourselves than the bad. :)

How are you feeling at the moment? Well done for posting - we're always here if you need. *hug*
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Mike wrote: »

:yes:

It can be so hard to shake off those thoughts that other people put into our heads. I don't know what's been said to you, but when people hurl nasty things our way it's often more to do with them than us. Just to add to what James said, is there anyone in your life that you have a good relationship with? Someone who doesn't say all those bad things about you?

It can be quite nice to think about the good things others see in us when we're bogged down by the bad stuff. Whether that's our family, friends, teachers, colleagues, etc. There are almost always people out there who see the good in us, and those things are often a truer reflection of ourselves than the bad. :)

How are you feeling at the moment? Well done for posting - we're always here if you need. *hug*

@Mike I feel terrible at the minute I do have someone who says nice things but I can't believe them things
  • AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family

@Mike I feel terrible at the minute I do have someone who says nice things but I can't believe them things

​I agree with what Mike and James_ have both said (What isn't rare). Its will take time to shake it off like mike said, but everyone on here believe that you can do it and I have faith in you that you will go you just need to be patient. something that is rare to find on here sadly.

​Come on butterfly you can do it!!
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
    @Abigail Thanks
  • DreaDrea Posts: 292 The Mix Regular
    Hey Butterfly,

Hope you're having a better day today!

Drea:heart:
    @Drea I wish I was
    Do you think you would benefit from maybe talking to a friend or family? Or us of course, we're all here for you!

@Drea I would but I don't have anyone to talk to, use to dealing with stuff by myself
    If you're comfortable to, you can always tell us here and if not that's perfectly fine too!

There are some places you can contact to talk to someone anonymously if you would like:
    - https://www.samaritans.org/

Just know that you're not alone!

@Drea I don't even know what to say anymore I'm so fed with everything. I wish I could have a break from all of it and be happy for once. First day at college too tomorrow so I feel really anxious about that. Just loads of stuff going on atm :(
    It's perfectly okay to feel down in the dumps sometimes, especially when going through a new experience like college. Just think of it as a normal school day that will be over fairly quickly and then you have the rest of the day to do something nice for yourself! You can watch a movie or do something you've really wanted to that will make you happy! It can be hard to stay positive but we believe in you and you know you always have us if you need someone to talk to. The moderators AND a lot of the people on these threads can be very helpful!

Thanks but I feel like this constantly and tbh I'm done with it @Drea