Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Chat break week (10th-16th Sept)

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
Hey everyone :wave:

It's that time again! Our next chat break week is fast approaching.

What is a 'chat break week'?

Some of you will already know this, but for those of you who don't: roughly three times a year, we have a week where we take a break from running group chat sessions.

We use these periods as a chance to gather your feedback, review it as a team, and see if there are any changes we can make to the way group chat is currently run. We also use them as a chance to get more specific feedback on any projects we're working on - a good example of this would be the new type of GC we started running on Tuesdays, which was the result of a consultation we held during this year's January break week.

When do they happen?

Typically, these happen once in January, April, and August. You may have noticed that the April one for this year got pushed backwards - we were hoping to time it to coincide with testing sessions for our new chat software. Unfortunately, things never quite aligned and the break ended up happening in June instead. Given that our last one was late, we're going to be pushing the next one back slightly to mid-September.

The next chat break will be the week of the 10th of September (returning the following Sunday).

What will we be doing for this one?

As well as rolling out our new chat software, we'll be using this time to review our chat guidelines. We put these under the microscope every now and again, and given that you folks seem to be thinking about them too, we thought now would be a good time to dust them off and take another look.

We won't be tearing them up and re-writing them, but we will make any tweaks if they need to be made. Closer to the time, we'll post in this thread with some questions for you guys and some ways you can give us your thoughts. Watch this space. :)
But... will there be a quiz while chats aren't on?

It's funny you should ask. Yes, yes there will be. ;)

We'll be holding a quiz on Tuesday the 12th, from 8:00-9:30pm.

Keep an eye out for more info on this closer to the time - we'll be putting up the full announcement soon, complete with the prize listing and what rounds we'll be doing (and we promise not to muck it up like we did at Easter :rolleyes:).

Mike & the Community team
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Comments

• Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
    Noooo but yay, a quiz!
    ''You were in the wilderness
    Looking for your own purpose
    Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
    I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    Ah the day it returns the 16th I am going on Holiday again 😁
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • louisa982louisa982 Posts: 294 The Mix Regular
    I'd like to write a round for the quiz please x
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    I am willing to write a round for the quiz if you need any extra help
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Hey @louisa982[/USER] & [USER="64868"]*BananaMonkey*
    That's great to hear you're both up for writing rounds for the quiz. I'll be in touch by PM :)

Thank you!

- Aife
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Hey everyone :wave:

Just a reminder that chat break week starts this Sunday the 10th).

If you'd like some alternative support while chat is closed, you could head over to our helpline, which offers a 1-2-1 chat service where they'll work with you to find the right support :)

Chat will be back as usual from Sunday the 17th of Sept - apart from the quiz on Tuesday (the 12th) of course ;)

- James