Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Wired question

AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
My wired and slightly stupid question to you is:
Are you scared of thunder and lightning? Is there a story behind it? Let me know and any tips to lower anxiety would be great!
Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.

Comments

• Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't like when the storm comes and I always get paranoid that the house will get stuck. I have to be in the centre of the room and all sockets have to be off. I'm not too sure why I do it and I've never had bad experiences it just puts be on the edge.

I live in a tall house and my rooms at the top and growing up I always had top bunk so assumed that I was at the highest point of the house so maybe it was just a way of me protecting my self.
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    I'm not really scared, hate when it's a really bad one (but then again those are rare over here). My sister (19) is terrified though, I'll have to ask her for the story when she's out of the mood shes in😂.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    I'm afraid of thunder and lightning, I hate it so much but its also linked to my other fear of fireworks so they are both linked.
    reception (in school) there was a really bad thunder storm and round the corner from my house there was a street light that got knocked off but it didn't fall quietly so I always have that fear of what is something happens. Annoying as it is, just get on with it.
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.