Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hello Everyone!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm Elizabeth, turning 17 in a month, and I've been suffering through a lot of problems I can only seem to chalk up to loneliness. It seems pathetic, but I always find myself being alone with no one to turn to when I have issues, even if I do have friends. Seeing everyone I know hang out with each other only makes me feel more isolated, especially since I'm hardly ever invited to wherever they decide to go. I'm mostly known amongst my peers as the one person who's just there and occasionally draws or speaks up for something. Lately, since my grandmother, who I was very close to, died and my boyfriend/closest friend and I broke up, I haven't been able to vent or express my emotions like I used to, and end up staying up late crying while playing scary video games. I just want the chance for people to get to know me and feel appreciated for once, especially since people irl barely even notice I exist. If you want to talk about random things, like drawing, video games, or music; or you want to vent to each other about our own problems, I'd love to talk. Other things that are important to me include environmentalism and feminism, in case anyone wants to help me learn more about the world.

Comments

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,617 Legendary Poster
    Heya!! Welcome to the boards! Im Eleanor, 14. So sorry to hear what you're going through I hope this place can provide you the support you need 😊😊
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,312 Part of The Furniture
    Welcome to the community, hipstercop. :wave: What a lovely intro.

That's an awful lot to be going through, so do make the make yourself at home here and feel free to use some of the support forums. Nice to see you've already posted in Sex & Rels. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    Hey hipstercop, welcome to the community :wave:
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    James_James_ Posts: 21 Boards Initiate
    Hey idk if you're ever gonna use this site again but just letting you know that i've been feeling the same and i'd love to talk (happy 17th btw)