Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Carers Awareness week 2017. 12-18th of June

AbigailAbigail Posts: 818 Part of The Mix Family
Carers awareness week is all about trying to show others that carers do so much without anyone realising it. Carers can be split into so many cottagers, e.g Young carers, adult carers and young adult carers. Most people think that being a carers is helping someone with a physical illness when actually it isn't more than that. In the UK there are about 7 million carers in the UK and 700,000 are young carers. Out of the UK's carers, 42% of carers are men and 58% are women. These are just some of there scary figures that are out there for adult carers. For young carers like myself 68% of young carers are bullied in schools and Only half of young carers have a particular person in school who recognises that they are a carer and helps them.​ Young adult carers are aged between 16-21. the figure for them are even scarier Based on Census figures there are estimated to be at least 376,000 young adult carers in the UK aged 16–25.These are some scary figures. There are so many types of carers.
Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.