Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Crisis & Home Treatment Team

Louu__Louu__ Posts: 24 Boards Initiate
At the moment everything is too much and I'm not coping with life at all. So, I've been transferred to get extra intense support and now under home treatment team - it was either that or inpatient, so I want to make this work. Only problem I'm having with it all is because it's a 24 hour service there doesn't seem to be much continuity with who I see, which for me is extremely difficult because of trust issues - let alone to say a strange male came into my home :( I mean, can I tell them I don't want to see a male nurse? I don't want to be rude because I know they're trying to help me in the community rather than inpatient. I don't know :(
I feel so low, useless, hated by my family and that I'm being constantly watched - to the point where they come out to give me my medication and have to sign I've taken it with supervision because I can't be trusted. I feel so small and worthless. It's all getting to me a little bit. I can have days where I feel literally like I'm on top of the world and as high as can be, then snap my mood changes and thoughts become too much.
I don't like to moan here and go on, but I feel that I have no one anywhere who I can talk too because people just don't understand me :(
I am hoping this is just a blip, but right now I feel so empty and lost all hope

Comments

• LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    I was with the HTT in October untill December roughly and then transferred to CAHMS in January who I have been with since. This is what I didnt like either with the HTT its a different person most of the time and I didnt know when they was coming either they would just turn up. Ofc, you can say you dont want to see any males but I suppose its down to how many males/females are out on home visits. They arent very flexible whereas with CAHMS I started with a male Care Co-ordinator but asked for a female which was easily done but you could try. I get it all not being able to see the same person because of trust isuses and letting stranger males into your home. I hope you get it sorted to feel more comfortable.

Sending you my love💜
  • Louu__Louu__ Posts: 24 Boards Initiate
    Thank you for your reply! I spoke with the worker who came out yesterday and it's now noted in my notes and duty-visits for female workers only! So that's a huge sigh of relief for me, only because I would end up feeling even worse. The whole different people coming in though is a nuisance. They said they try to keep you with the same people where possible but because of their shifts it's difficult to do, so today I'm told it will be new people again. Which is hard because it's difficult to talk to someone openly I find when you don't build that trust/bond with them. I'm hoping it won't be too long with them and can get back to my usual team. I just need this feeling of worthlessness to go away :( right now I've hit a wall and nothing feels like it's ever going to improve
  • DreaDrea Posts: 292 The Mix Regular
    Hey Louu,

Hope you're having a better day today! It sounds like you're struggling a little bit and completely understandable to want to open up to people more when you trust them! Just remember that these people are all here to help you! It could be worth maybe telling the workers who are new that you struggle to open up when you don't trust them as much or don't know them as well so that they know. Try to take baby steps and remind yourself of the days when you did feel better. The good days show you that you are capable of being happy and everyone has days when they feel low so just know that you're not on your own and you have our full support here whenever you need people to talk to!

Wishing you a great day!

Drea:heart: