Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

I hate who I am

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
To tell the truth, I am a compulsive liar and I am wrong. But I feel like I cant help it and live two different lives. the truth and a lie

Comments

• JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Welcome to the community, Abbey. :wave:

Those are some strong feelings to be dealing with, particularly the way you describe 'living two different lives'. Like a genuine-self and a disingenuous-self? Sounds like quite the internal battle. :(

If you're happy to share, it might help for us to know a bit more about how you feel. In what way do you think you're a compulsive liar and 'wrong'?

Well done for reaching out - we're here to listen. *hug*
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    thank you for replying.

​I lie about how I feel and about my life to my friends. I over exaggerate how happy I am to cover up how I feel. I lie about little things that no one cares about and doesn't even matter so don't know why I do. then I lie about big things and the opposite. like I would lie to services about hearing things for them to help me and feel like I have to over exaggerate for them to take me seriously and to get help. so I can be truthful to my friends how happy I am. and lying feels like second nature and feels safer then telling the complete truth, some days I don't lie at all and just straight up about everything, even about lying but some days I dont
  • DreaDrea Posts: 292 The Mix Regular
    Hey Abbeyy!
    It's really good that you are acknowledging these things about yourself and the fact that you can openly say it too is a very big step to getting better! It's also amazing that some days you're very open about things which just goes to show that you do have the capability! We are always here to talk as Mike said!

Drea:heart: