Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

How to deal with shoulder pain?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey!! I have got a terrible shoulder pain and I'm desperately looking for help from others who have a similar situation.
I'm 35 years old and have been suffering from shoulder pain for the past 6 months. I have consulted a GP in my locality and he gave some steroids which helped me for a while. But my dad insists on stopping steroids as he thinks I'm addicted to it.
I'm not able to sleep because of the pain. I feel nauseous at times and I don't know what should I do. I can't even get dressed up without pain and help.
One of my friends suggested undergoing physiotherapy treatment from a clinic in Richmond Hill. I don't know if this treatment is of any help. Has anyone here undergone this treatment for shoulder pain? How was your experience?

Comments

• DreaDrea Posts: 292 The Mix Regular
    Hey Lauren,
    Welcome to the boards! At the Mix we aren't experts so we can't really give you professional advice, however it would be beneficial if you went back to the doctors and asked for more advice. Tell them about the issue you're having with steroids and they can offer you good advice. Also, just a note, be careful when posting links since we have a lot of spam on the forums and you may be at risk of getting removed! Here is the link to the registration rules just so you know! http://vbulletin.thesite.org/forum/welcome-centre/start-here/3540839-registration-rules

Drea:heart: