Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Equality for everyone?

One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 599 Incredible Poster
Just thinking about the world right now and how it is sometimes messed up in the way of treating everyone as equals. Most people call me a feminist because I'm a girl talking about rights. But they judge too quickly as when I say equal I mean EVERYONE men,woman and children a few things that seem to annoy me are;

Domestic violence, abuse and assault nothing makes me more annoyed than people who only see this as a man abusing a woman. I've seen a few people say that a woman can't abuse a man! This rattles my cage because of course they can! Abuse can happen in any relationship between any sex couples and either can be the victim or abuser. It also goes for assault, this is something some people do they often have a one sided view of things I was reading a post on Facebook about a male cab driver who was sexually assaulted by a woman who had 2 other guys hold him at knife point while she abused him. A lot of the comments were vile! Saying things like "that's not abuse thats luck." or "He should enjoy it" But in another case I viewed where a cab driver abused a woman the comments were more like "dirty scum needs locking up" or "he needs shooting" I don't see why people found one to be horrible but the other funny. Neither were at all funny.

Pension age; for one stop changing it!!!!! And 2 why can us women retire younger than a man??? I can't even think of any excuse for this

Rate of pay; why do men statistically get paid more than women? Can they do something we can't? Also age?? Why is someone younger than me getting paid less for the same job and why is someone older than me getting more than me for the same job!?? Do older people deserve more money or something?

Life in prison, why call it a life sentence when it's only 25 years (I know that is not exact) you spend sometime in prison and then let out. if you say "life" it should mean until you draw your last breath!!!

Age; I'm 22 now and I was a teenager not that long ago actually 😂. It really annoyed me when some people judged me by my age. An example of this was my first year of college (age 16 nearly 17) me and my friends decided to eat our dinner in the park. We were sitting on a picnic bench just talking about how we found our first day. Then a mother and toddler came into the playground which we were sitting next to. She gave us a very disapproving look and said to her child. "Lets go, there are silly teenagers here" Me and my friends were quite shocked at this. We wouldn't dream of doing anything inappropriate, silly or stupid especially where a child was or anywhere actually .
I know we see some teenagers messing about and being disrespectful but I see a lot of older and younger people do the same too! I also see teenagers and children who are quiet and very respectful. Don't know why people judge people by age.

Racism; I hate people who are racist. I can't even think of a reason for anyone to be racist. At school a boy who had come to the country from Africa was being rascally abused and the school dealt with it (rightfully so) however a friend was having a similar problem and was being called white trash, milky bar, while whore ect and was told just to ignore it. Racism is racism.

​Sexuality and gender, ​I'm a straight female...... did you need to know that? NO! does it me a different person? NO! am I a lesser person NO!
​why are some people so judgemental towards peoples sexuality and gender, It's not as if it effects your or anybody's else's life. Just because someone is Transgender, homosexual, straight, pansexual, asexual..... you get the idea, doesn't make them a different person with less or more values! the same goes for female and males (gender) why do we see things for boys and things for girls? and why do people think girls are better than boys or boys are better than girls as well as girls cant/shouldn't .... and boys cant/shouldn't ...... 3 of my favourite videos on this are

​like a girl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjJQBjWYDTs​
like a guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSs3vWrFB50

​one of them is about sexuality and turns it around to make it where being straight is seen as being gay (if you get me)
I will not be putting the link here as it does contain a clip of self harm and suicide I do not want to upset anyone. I don't particularly think I should put the name here either. I'll decide later depending on what you guys think.

these are only a few please feel free to add your own

​Emma

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    Economic inequality.

The wealthiest 85 people on the planet have more money than the poorest 3.5 billion people combined.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    This is a really interesting thread Emma and a great read for the bus (yes I read it on the bus haha). I agree with all of these ones you have here... as a bisexual... female... teenager... I particularly agree with the ones about women and the one about age and sexuality.

Great thread.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    Aidan wrote: »
    People are people. We're all unique and different, but at the same time we're all the same underneath. We all deserve the same, why can't we all be treated the same?

Exactly!!!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 599 Incredible Poster
    Hey guys :) interesting to see what you think about this and nice to see what you guys have thought of too. I actually had never thought about economic equality but now it's been said it actually doesn't make sence that there are so many who go with so little and yet a few have more money than they actually need. it's definitely one to add to the list :)

Awww thank you Independent glad you find it interesting :) hope it made your bus ride home more interesting ;). I'm glad you are able to relate to some of these.

I couldn't have said it better myself Aidan! We are all different and the same at the same time. There is no reason why we aren't all equals.

Nice one guys :)