Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Was i raped?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I went on a night out with my friend. We got very drunk. He walked home i got in a taxi. When we got to mine me and the taxi man shared a fag and then i asked him if he wanted to have sex. He said yes. When i got to my front door i couldnt even put the key in i was so drunk. We started having sex and then i vomited on the floor. He rolled next to me. I passed out and then his penis was in my mouth. I passed out again and then his penis was inside of me. I woke up and he was getting dressed and he left.
Was this rape?

Comments

• independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Hi, welcome to the Boards!!

In the eyes of the law you are not able to consent to sex when you are drunk, so it could be. I don't know much about the topic though. How are you feeling about it?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Hey @idontkno08,

Welcome to the boards :wave:

I'm so sorry to hear what you've been through, you're taking such a positive step to reach out to the boards and talk about what you've been through. Like @independent_ mentioned, in the eyes of the law you must be sober and in a clear state of mind to give consent, so when you're drunk you are unable to give consent. Also if you are asleep or unconscious, you are unable to give consent. There's a great article on The Mix website about consent which might be helpful to read.

There's some great support services out there that can help talk things through further, such as Rape Crisis who offer support and advice to victims of rape and sexual assault, no matter how long ago the attack was. You can call them on 0808 802 99 99.

How are you feeling today? Have you been able to reach out and talk to anyone about what you're going through?

Feel free to post here whenever you like, we're all here for you :)

- Aife
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤