Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Voices

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi. I've just tried ringing the helpline but the line was busy so thats how I came across this space. I hear voices that tell me to set everything on fire. To light things on fire. I keep lighting matches and blowing them out but I'm frightened that I will start to light small things on fire and then bigger things. I lit tissue on fire and threw it and it burnt the carpet. The voices want me to set a teddy on fire that I have had since I was a younger child that makes me feel safe but they say I dont need my teddy. That they are here to make me safe and protect me and only they. That they are my wall and foundation and they dont want me talking to anyone else. Its a wierd feeling I feel so alone but yet like theres 100 heads around me watching me that I dont talk to anyone else if I do they will tell me to cut because I didnt listen to them.

Comments

• Options
    DreaDrea Posts: 292 The Mix Regular
    Hi Lovelystrangethings,

Welcome to the boards! At The Mix, we aren't experts to be able to give medical advice, however we have a lot of places we can guide you to! And we are here to support you! And you aren't alone, you have all of us! For now here is a link which may be able to help you with the voices that you're hearing and please get back to us to see how you're feeling and we can signpost you to any other places where you may be able to receive more help! As Aidan said it may be good to visit your GP as they will offer expert advice and refer you to someone who could really help you out and if need be prescribe you with drugs or offer certain types of therapy if they feel you may benefit from it.
    Links:
    http://www.hearing-voices.org/
    http://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/hearing-voices/#.WQcNkYnyuuU

Drea:heart:
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I am with a mental health team CAMHS and I am on medication but it dosent make the voices go away. I get pictures in my head too and thoughts that are not mine. Someone else has inserted them into my brain. I have tried mindfulness. Didnt really help. Thanks😊

Drea-have you? That does sound exciting that you have lots of places you can guide me to.