Home Work & Study It's Exam Time The Class of The Past
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Exams Ranty Thread

AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
edited April 2021 in The Class of The Past
G4ZWRHT.jpg

Hey Everyone,

Whether you’re at school, college or university, many of you will be going through exams at the moment or be busy revising for them. Everyone has different feelings when it comes to exams. Some of us are ready and confident, whereas others of us are not, which can be stressful. There’s a lot of pressure and stress that comes with exams, so we’ve created this thread for people to have a good old rant about anything that’s on your mind, no matter how big or how small.

You’re not alone during this stressful exam time, we’re all here to listen and give you support :)

- Aife
Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
Post edited by Emma_ on

Comments

• AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    Thanks aife. Exams are stressful sometimes more for others. Im sityong my GCSE with a job along side them. Im a carer and anyone who need support know that support can help them so much. Just speak out. No onr on here bits accept aife and mike but jokes aside you can just ask for help. More they bite the better
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Thanks Aife, I have some assessments so nothing like exams but have the proper ones next year :) NOOOOOOOOOO that was quick!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • RhysRhys Posts: 288 The Mix Regular
    I was trying to find the right place to post this, so I'll do it here. I wish everyone getting ready for an exam good luck!
    My only advice is not do what I did and just wing it, it worked okay-ish for some exams in school (ish being not very well), and horrible for uni (college I did a Btec so no exams).

Don't study to hard though, don't want to burn yourself out, just study at a good pace and do your best. And remember, bad grades doesn't mean a bad life, people excel in different ways.

:)
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”― Bernard M. Baruch
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    I'm in college so it's mostlyyy course work/assisgment work. So i hope its still okay to rant about. But still nearly to the time where I need to sort my self out. But I have 2 years of work to do til the end of the academic year. I dont even want to count how many but probably about 30 long assisgments if not more 😭it's not even possible but i dont know how to tell people i can't do it. And i need to find and do 100 hours of work expereince/voluntary work. I prefer exams but i couldn't stay on til sixth form. I never revised for my school ones and did really well. But it's not even a chioce now.

I go college and no one helps me. It the most shit college there is. All teachers drop out. They get new ones and they are gone the next day. I cant remember my last taught lesson. Probably my first day. I go to lessons/college just to sign in and then leave to go "library"/home

Feel so much pressure to do well but i couldn't care less right now.

I can't be bothered to self teach myself and then write the load of shit.

Good luck to everyone else!
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • louisa982louisa982 Posts: 294 The Mix Regular
    WHO PUTS A STUPID EXAM ON A SATURDAY THEY HAVE FUCKING MESSED UP MY WEEKEND
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.