Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Cheating

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Last week, one of my friends introduced me to her new boyfriend. I recognised him and am aware that he has a long history of cheating on his previous girlfriends. Should I tell her about that?

Comments

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I would warn her but just make sure you she knows you're doing it out of the best interest her x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    You could always go out for a coffee together or something and raise your concerns... make sure she knows that it's because you care about her not because you don't like the boyfriend or something else negative. Good luck!

PS welcome to the boards!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Maybe you should warn her. Tell her not to get too close, not too attached. That'll minimise damage if he does cheat, but won't ruin the relationship based on his past. As corny as the "I've changed/ I can change" line is, and as untrue as it usually turns out to be, there's always the possibility he really has. As mentioned by the previous responses, make sure she knows you have her best interests at heart.

If she gets worried he's cheating, it's better to tell her to leave him. If she stays with him, it'll create friction between them and cause jealousy. This will bring the relationship down and they'll eventually break up, but it'll be messy and end up causing much more hurt.
    You could always go out for a coffee together or something and raise your concerns... make sure she knows that it's because you care about her not because you don't like the boyfriend or something else negative. Good luck!

But I don't like him - because he has cheated many times (not just hookups - he has enjoyed full-on affairs).
    edc wrote: »
    Tell her not to get too close, not too attached.

She's already very close and attached to him.