Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Part-time relationships

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How can I start a part-time relationship? I'd prefer it to a full-time one, because it would be easier, cheaper and contain all the good things of a relationship without taking up too much time. I'd not have to suffer the stress of being interrogated by her family and friends, nor would I be coerced into watching The Notebook or reality shows. It'd also mean that I could maintain the freedom that I enjoy by being single.

All my attempts to find a girl for a part-time relationship have been ignored or been met with rejection/hostility. One girl told me that if she wanted a P-TR, she'd choose a rich married man, not a poor single one.

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,500 Skive's The Limit
    I would just ask them that you want to take it slowly. Do you mean you would be single at the same time? But I wouldn't call it part time. It sounds a bit like it's a job.
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    I wouldn't say that I want to take it slowly, because I don't. I want to jump straight in, but still have plenty of time for myself.

Yes, ideally I'd be single during the time that I'm not spending with her. It'd be the best of both worlds - I'd be in a relationship during the hours that I'm with her, and single during the hours that I'm not.

Perhaps you're right that part-time relationship isn't the best way of describing it. What should I call it instead?
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,500 Skive's The Limit
    I think maybe you would just call it dating or seeing each other? If you wanted to be involved with other relastionships
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Even then, the large majority of girls expect and demand exclusivity quite soon on.