Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Work dont understand

Laura12345Laura12345 Posts: 265 The Mix Regular
So today I spoke to a manager and a supervisor about wanting Saturday shift off because ive been overworking myself and its having a negative effect on my health. The manager I spoke to even said I overworked last week so I'm surprised she didn't just let me have the day off! Anyway they have said ive got to work next weekend but I still want the shift off as my health has gone downhill since ive done so many hours and because of the amount of hours things are also getting to me quite a lot after the last few weeks! Ill explain some of the things that have been difficult recently!!

​On 6/4 I had to speak to a supervisor about my cousin because I was emotional when on break with her and she was concerned so I told her about my cousin and she understood why I was upset/worried and she said she is always there if I need to chat. On 7/4 the same supervisor checked I was ok throughout the shift because I told her before work that I wasn't myself. On 10/4 evening I text the supervisor for the 11/4 and said I wasn't myself s got stuff going on and on the morning of the 11/4 she said she was glad I told her how I'm feeling and that if I needed anything during work to let her know. On the 12/4 I did get emotional during my shift and I had to speak to the supervisor bout my cousin as I couldn't go back onto the shop floor because I was in such a state! the supervisors for the 6 and 7/4 was the same and the 11/4 &12/3 was the same. Both were understanding supervisors!!

​Don't know what to do because I feel I need the Saturday shift off but work wont let me. Work don't understand that all I need is one day off to recover yet they wont let me have whereas in my opinon if I work the shift then I might need more time off because it might make my health get even worse!!! Need some advice