Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Be mysterious?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Several people have told me that most girls want someone who's mysterious. Is that true? I tried being mysterious, but girls thought I was being dishonest and hiding something. Is there an effective way to pull off being mysterious?

Comments

• One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 597 Incredible Poster
    Hard to know what that means to be honest. I think everyone had their type and all
    You can do is be yourself. For me I like a nice caring guy but someone who is cheeky and has a fun side to them. E.g. Someone who shows they care about you but also loves to wined you up and make you laugh.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't really understand it either, but I've been criticised for being "too honest" and told that if I were mysterious instead that I'd be desirable.

You raise another reason that girls don't want me - I'm not fun. I'm a serious person and that causes me to be disliked. I don't know what I can do about that, as I can't select a new personality. 
    🤔 it is very confusing I would want someone whose honest with me. Just don't go telling a girl she looks fat in that outfit 😂.

What makes you say you are too serious?
    I don't give unsolicited opinions to them or say anything to them that's insulting.

Many people have told me that being serious is a negative quality. I've read hundreds of girls' dating site profiles which state: "I want someone who doesn't take himself or life seriously". I've never read a girl's profile that says that she wants someone who has a serious personality.
    I've only currently started online dating and I find that the profiles are quite hard to go on. Prehaps trying to focus on yours and their interest or something on the profiles you have in common e.g music, tv, hobbies ect
    Yes, if I have things in common with girls I do mention those things in my messages to them on dating sites. The vast majority of girls don't respond to my messages, so I don't know where I'm going wrong.

Many girls' profiles are incomplete, vague and seem half-hearted. Some are ridiculously detailed, demanding and choosy in what they're looking for - to the extent that over 99% of the male population fail to meet their criteria. Some girls want things that are extremely unlikely to co-exist in the same person, such as: "he has to have an athletic figure, but not be into sport" or "he must be easy-going, laid back and relaxed - and he has to be hard-working and ambitious".