Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I'm really struggling

Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    CharlotteCharlotte Posts: 229 Trailblazer
    Hi Evie,

Sorry that you are feeling this way, it can be hard to go home and it not to be like it was last time we were there. Also loosing someone which we were close to is hard and not being able to see them. It can also be really hard to be somewhere which we don't want to be, is there any where else you could stay locally so you are still close by but not at home?

I can't answer the question about why you might be spending a lot of time in these places but it could be because you might feel a free and safe in these places.

How do you feel about you family not knowing what is going on? I see this something which if you could you would tell them about?

Sometimes we don't make the right choices but we are unfortunately not able to change the choice we have already made in the past and can only work to make the future better.

Stay strong I believe you can do this and that it will get better.

Here if you ever need me.
    Harriet
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    Hey evie_rose,

I'm really sorry to hear your struggling at the moment, it sounds like you're going through such a difficult time. Like Harriet mentioned, it can be so hard to go home when it's not like it used to be. Grieving for a loved one takes time, and everyone will go through the process in different ways. Is there anything you feel helps you feel comforted? You mentioned that you've been spending a lot of time by water, in woods and around bridges, how do you feel when you go to these places?

Like Harriet mentioned, we can learn from the choices we've made in the past to help us work towards a better future.

Stay strong evie, we're here for you :)

- Aife
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
  • Options
    DreaDrea Posts: 292 The Mix Regular
    Hey evie_rose,
    Hope today is a better day :) It sucks that you're feeling this way, but you have our full support on these forums and can speak to us whenever you want. Have you thought about maybe contacting a helpline? This is anonymous so it may be slightly easier to talk about if you're not comfortable with discussing it with your family? We will link some places you can contact for some support, and it could be good to get these things off your chest or to hear a friendly voice.

Hugs from Drea:heart:

Links:
    http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/emotionalhealth/Pages/Dealingwithloss.aspx
    http://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help-you/contact-us
  • Options